Interesting TV

Ken was a wonderful Rebus, but I’ve enjoyed the update. Still, I prefer the books.

3 Likes

Springwatch.

Sadly, the natural world is not on the radar of a lot of people.

2 Likes

Sad to hear how all the rain we’ve been having is impacting on late broods of chicks…

Too much rain = not enough caterpillars in the trees!

Mums and dads having to resort to feeding their offspring far less nutritious spiders and grubs instead.

Liking the sheep/badger interplay.

3 Likes

I have been a big fan of the Rebus books from day one & enjoyed the early ones on cassette, read by the actor Bill Patterson. Bill was so convincing that he became Rebus for me.

As a result I have never really liked any of the TV adaptations, simply because I could never identify Hannah, Stott etc. as Rebus. He has always been Bill Patterson to me, both sounding & looking like him!

The latest adaptation improved for me in episode 2. Less violence & several story threads being developed. The trouble with it is that, whilst the young Rebus was far from a saint, he was nothing like as unhinged as portrade in this adaptation.

Far from a must watch, after 2 episodes, but I will stick with it for the moment.

3 Likes

Race across the world has been a good one. Entertaining, enlightening and more overtakes than your typical F1 GP. The end of series reunion programme is a nice finish too.

4 Likes

No spoilers, season 2 of Colin From Accounts started tonight, hard act to follow. Slow start but well worth it.

Hopefully it won’t belong to you guys in the north get it.

8 Likes

That’s very good news. Series 1 was excellent, one of the best comedy series in years.

5 Likes

Skipped through the channels and left it on MASH while eating. How can I not have seen the two episodes before, it started in my teens and seems to have been on ever since.

2 Likes

I watched “Unfrosted” last night a made for Netflix 2024 movie written and directed by Seinfeld. I suspect you need to be in the right (silly) mood to enjoy it as it is ridiculously over the top in pretty much every way, about the 1963 battle between two neighbouring cereal giants (one of them Kelloggs)

Rotten tomatoes website doesn’t like it, but I did. I won’t plot spoil but there was a great cameo by two actors from a famous major series set in the 50s and 60s which I particularly enjoyed :grinning:

I liked it as well. Recommended.

1 Like

I think it may have scope to be one of those films you see more hints and references in when you watch it again

1 Like

The Outlaws.

Series 3

3 Likes

Finished Tokyo Vice S2 last night.

Excellent TV.

3 Likes

One episode left to finish off tonight - brilliant

Absolutely effing brilliant - what a finale!

Here’s a tip avoid watching the new Aussie Top Gear, it’s just plain embarrassing. Makes me want to immigrate.

1 Like

Amazing figures from the Environment Agency

Sorry for slight thread drift but over the last year we have had 40% more rain , which has caused real problems for many people

2 Likes

I saw :eyes: the opening of American Masterchef, the United Tastes Of America, ghastly beyond belief

Yes and apparently the warmest May for almost ever too as well.

Though I can’t help but feel somewhere else in the UK is bring up the average because it’s felt rather chilly here for most of the month!

1 Like

The Aussie Master Chef is pretty good actually

2 Likes