Interesting TV

I think it may have scope to be one of those films you see more hints and references in when you watch it again

1 Like

The Outlaws.

Series 3

3 Likes

Finished Tokyo Vice S2 last night.

Excellent TV.

3 Likes

One episode left to finish off tonight - brilliant

Absolutely effing brilliant - what a finale!

Here’s a tip avoid watching the new Aussie Top Gear, it’s just plain embarrassing. Makes me want to immigrate.

1 Like

Amazing figures from the Environment Agency

Sorry for slight thread drift but over the last year we have had 40% more rain , which has caused real problems for many people

2 Likes

I saw :eyes: the opening of American Masterchef, the United Tastes Of America, ghastly beyond belief

Yes and apparently the warmest May for almost ever too as well.

Though I can’t help but feel somewhere else in the UK is bring up the average because it’s felt rather chilly here for most of the month!

1 Like

The Aussie Master Chef is pretty good actually

2 Likes

Never like the British one hardly likely to watch any other. I think it’s a dislike of clarkson more than anything else

1 Like

4 Likes

I think my favourite TV series ever. Perhaps!! Having a think.

I’ve just watched a BBC 3 parter called ‘Lost Boys and Fairies’ about a gay couple trying to adopt a child. Really good and moving. There is an unnecessary twist at the end of episode 2 and it gets a bit maudlin but overall it’s definitely worth watching

1 Like

The Hour, a 2011 BBC political thriller, set in the fifties, on Netflix.

2 Likes

There does seem to be a touch too much maudlin and bleak telly on at the moment. They might be well made but frankly I could do with cheering up sometimes!

Compare The Responder to Tokyo Vice for example, both well made and not too dissimilar in thrust but while we devoured s2 of Tokyo, we’re dragging our feet on sitting down to catch up with Liverpool’s finest…

2 Likes

I loved Tokyo Vice S2 but couldn’t get to the end of The Responder :roll_eyes:

I couldn’t get past the first episode of series 1 with the responder. Not a fan of the acting the main character. Very one dimensional I thought.

I am now struggling with Rebus. Like many I’m a big fan of the books and have liked the previous Rebus TV incarnations. This one though just seems to be too obvious and too much screen violence. No surprise from episode 1, that the brother was going to be tied in to Cafferty in some way.
Does the violence really have to be shown to make it obvious? Surely the threat shown, but the detail? Poor writing and not as subtle as the books, perhaps because of the time frame of a TV series and episode lengths.

2 Likes

I know everyone raves about Martin Freeman in The Responder but I think his best TV acting is in Breeders. Although it’s a ‘family comedy’ it is actually very dark and Freeman really isn’t afraid to portray himself in a very unflattering light. Really, really good

Bays of Fire on ITVX.