Interesting TV

Quite enjoying the " First Night of the Proms" on BBC. However the two main presenters seem completely irrelevant and unqualified in the subject matter imho, and it shows, sadly.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a thing.

I guess it’s going to go one of two ways!!!

But I’m willing to bet it doesn’t have leetle things. ‘itting each other.

2 Likes

Or ‘Nipples for men!’

Doesn’t look promising from the poster

SUSPECT SERIES 2 - Channel 4.

Clunky plot, mediocre acting - flop.

1 Like

Finished watching The Game, spy series on BBC. It’s a good one

1 Like

I’m a bit of a late arriver to 3 Body Problem but what an excellent series it’s been so far (2 episodes to go) apparently season 2 has already been commissioned which will cover the 2nd book The Dark Forest in Liu Cixin trilogy but the final book Death’s End will probably take a couple of series to cover as it is such a large book.

4 Likes

Theres a Chinese adaptation available on Prime titled ‘Three Body’. Its got good reviews and being 30 episode long give more time for character development. It plays down some of the cultural revolution set events though and also, only the first two episodes are free currently.

1 Like

We’ve just finished watching this on Channel 4, where it’s under the English title Off Grid. It’s long at 12 episodes but well worth watching, with a great ending.

1 Like

Love & Death. ITV

Based on true story - late 70s Texas
Some great music!

Finally watched the last episode of " The Singing Detective" last night.

Brilliant, Bonkers, Thought Provoking, etc etc. Gambon was extraordinary in it. Highly recommended if not seen. Still on iplayer I think.

5 Likes

been binging on ‘The High Country’. An Australian series. A bit clunky in places but worth a watch.

3 Likes

We just finished binge watching “The Fall".

A good series, with flawed characters on both sides.

DG…

1 Like

There’s a scene where they arrive at the time when Stonehenge was being built. When asked what the purpose of it is…
“Very much a venue for hire”

I think I’ll have to give it a watch

Yeah, Ross Noble (a stand up comedian) turns out to be a better actor than those playing The Bandits.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of 3 Body. The Chinese version taking 30 episodes to cover the first book is, to my mind, too respectful of the book and doesn’t allow for momentum to build. The Netflix version avoids this and provides a better televisual adaptation.

They were going to build a tunnel I suspect, now thankfully cancelled.

Just caught up with McDonald and Dodds. The series written up as trite, cosy murder TV. The episode Jinksy Sings The Blues for me lifts above some, the story line, names mentioned, a Technics turntable, somebody worked hard to put this together!

4 Likes

The summer season of releases has brought little of any worth - same formulaic crime dramas, flat comedies, boring documentaries, and infantile reality shows. Bah-humbug!

2 Likes

The Hundred helps me avoid these

1 Like

When does that start

1 Like