John Coltrane - Blue Train Tone Poet

Mine cost £109. Maybe shipping to Hampshire is cheaper?

Yes maybe or more likely something to do with the differing exchange rateS of U.K Banks.

I wouldn’t be surprised as we made the purchases directly from Blue Note that they end being distributed from the UK anywayq[quote=“hungryhalibut, post:42, topic:24451, full:true”]
Mine cost £109. Maybe shipping to Hampshire is cheaper?
[/quote]

Now £55 and £38 on the Blue Note UK website!

3 Likes

That’s good of them seems like I’m £20 down I’m really not bothered as long as I get my copies I’m happy.

What a balls up though! I hope UK buyers get a refund if they ordered early I’d be interested to see what prompted the price reduction.

1 Like

It does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth why something was deemed to be fair at one price one week and then cheaper the next?

1 Like

Juno have the double for £65, something very odd here!

1 Like

Yep I caved in £55 for stereo double album & £1.95 postage from sound of vinyl.

That’s a bit more like it.

3 Likes

Reference to the release has appeared on Amazon - unable to pre-order yet. Will be interesting to see the price…

1 Like

Ditto. Thanks for heads up.

Thanks, also just ordered much more reasonable

Yep, I agree. I checked the small print on the acknowledgment email I received. They’ve only put an authorisation on the amount, that will last one month. I’m hoping when it’s released and they ask for the money, that I get it at the reduced amount.

1 Like

My small print is in French…so that could mean just about anything for me :sunglasses:

1 Like

(Relative) sanity prevails !

For people who spend tens of thousands of pounds on hifi and a thousand pound or more on a single Naim cable it’s strange how as little as ten pounds will mean the difference between buying and not buying a reference recording that draw out the very best in all those black boxes.

Hi Bob,
I think it’s more the case when people think they are being unnecessarily ripped off in the U.K. & Europe in comparison to US pricing.
The actual monetary difference £10 or £20 in the grand scheme of things as you mentioned is probably irrelevant.

Prem.

5 Likes

I am looking forward to this one. I by accident had for my favorite things the normal cd version, the older 24/192 version and the new 2022 mono and stereo version - also in 24/192…., the 2022 version is the best one. Mono or stereo is obviously a topic as such…., but anyhow I will get this one again blind.

1 Like

Same over here

The Amazon UK price seems to be about £39 for the mono and £55 for the stereo for anyone interested - avoids the faffing around getting them mailed from the US. These are not limited issues and have been pressed in some quantity.

1 Like

I’ve pre ordered from Amazon too as precaution and have contacted Blue Note U.S to see if they can transfer my order to Blue Note U.K just to avoid the postage from the U.S even though they are all posted from there a few thousand together is a lot safer.

I’m not too worried about having paid £10 or so more from the U.S but the postage is a bit of a worry if it’s not essential anyway I’ll keep the thread updated on what Blue Note US had to say incase it is of interest to other members who have also ordered from there.

As a side note Acoustic Sounds Ella & Louis Again is available on Pre Order it’s a double and is priced at £50 so it looks as if these price rises seem to be spreading.

1 Like

I have to say, I’m erring now on the side of ordering the stereo. That webex video with Joe Harley and Kevin Gray explaining how the package was put together and what was in it indicates very great care and respect in putting together the release.

I have an original B&W Francis Wolff photo print on the wall from Mosaic Records with Coltrane/Fuller/Morgan in action at the session which is reproduced nicely in the inner sleeve !

1 Like