Just a little bit of help please

The chaps near Felixstowe would probably be happy to lend you some KS-1 for a trial.

I can’t recommend Signals enough, and I live 200 miles away.

I have just ordered another 4metre single run from them (to match an existing 4m and take a 2m out for my second system).

KS-1 is really good value, and very ‘neutral’. It doesn’t appear to introduce any colouration to the sound, unlike some other speaker cables.

I agree, they all need to be re done.

Have to agree with KS~1 and the Signals guys, both well worth a try.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Tellurium Q are perfectly competent in soldering their own cables. After 10 years things can go wrong. Let’s remember that while Alastair and Andy are excellent dealers and Kudos are a decent company, that other dealers and speaker manufacturers are available.

1 Like

I have only recently moved to Norwich (Wroxham) and the dealer is only 8 miles away. However, their loss.

@anon4489532 I know you recently changed your speakers, did you retain your existing speaker cables?

I sold the SuperLumina cables that I used with the 300 and SL2s, and bought Tellurium Q Black II to go with my ProAcs. They seemed more cost appropriate somehow. I’ve recently bought some NACA5 off eBay for the princely sum of £125 and am going to give them a go once they arrive; I like the idea of dispensing with ugly jumpers and using simple F connections.

Please let us know how you get on with the NACA 5, and how they perform against the Tellurium’s.

No way a properly soldered speaker plug should just fall off, even after 10 years.

Of course, though who knows how it’s been treated over those ten years?

If it is the soldered joint that has failed and not metal fatigue of the wire then it has probably been a duff joint since manufacture.

1 Like

A bit late with the reply but looks like you found your issue and not too bad thankfully. I had a 5 pin din to din Naim interconnect that came with the nat05. 17 years old and no longer worked with only one channel working. A continuity tester check of the pins was a simple and effective way to check.

The cables have been treated like a basket of eggs, as I know they can be quite delicate. They have never come in contact with pets or children. It is actually the solder that has sheared, snapped off.

I agree

If so, then that is rather disappointing from a company like Tellurium Q. It will be interesting to hear if getting your speaker cables re-terminated improves SQ.

1 Like

I’m not sure about children or pets, but placing them too close to the wall and straining the joints may do it. At least, that’s what they said in regards to my interconnect that broke. The important thing is that it’s an easy fix, albeit a tad irritating that they broke in the first place. Stuff happens.

1 Like

I totally agree @anon4489532, after all, they are 10 years old. The MD of Tellurium has suggested that I have all eight connections re terminated.
Whilst on the subject, I had a conversation with him about cable lengths… :thinking:

Well Nigel, I do have to ask myself what is going on under the sleeve of the other seven connections? :thinking:
I will have them re terminated.

Yes, and it seems HH had a similar problem, although I guess we can’t read too much into that. I have already banged on about the dangers of anecdotal evidence.

But yes I agree, get all eight re-terminated for peace of mind, and let us know how the cables perform after.

1 Like

Cheers Nigel, I will. :+1: