Just ordered new NDX2 😃

It’s interesting, this is no doubt true, but is it the best use of funds? Would an XPS with a Superlumina interconnect and speaker cables be better than the 555 with a lavender I/C and A5 speaker cable for similar money?

Good question…
Others may be able to answer that.

1 Like

If you have Unitiqute2 why not rip to a Core or NAS? Trawling through 1000+ physical CDs is not so convenient. My entire collection is now ripped to my Core which I can effortlessly browse and play at leisure (CDs now in the loft and so freeing up space in my music room).

I’ve had my NDX2 for over a year now and can’t say I miss playing CDs at all. I still buy the occasional CD to rip for better SQ over Tidal.

4 Likes

:thinking:

I have all my CDs ripped in a Synology NAS, and I stream them via Unityqute2+Dynaudio X12 as a 2º system.
Of course with CDs you have to do some work at home, and leave your sofa for a couple seconds. For convenience, NDX2 !
When I did a home test I expected NDX2 better than CDX2 (2003 or so) playing the same music, would be a lot better, but no, no major difference between the two for my ears.

Sorry to once again spelled wrong the name of the product, it´s of course a UnitiQute2.
Lovely little box.

In that case, I’m glad your setup of CDX2 with Unitiqute 2 works for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I have not heard CDX2 (I previously had CD5XS with nDAC) but by all accounts NDX2 is as good, if not better…

Nice one :+1:

2 Likes

My ndx2 has just shipped from Quebec (to N.Y.) and the end of next week it should be in place. My first (2002) mini was much more fun to wait for , had the ability to track the ship it was on, when it landed, when it reached the dealer and even the # in the country - mine was one of the first 2300. Made the wait much more manageable :smiley:

1 Like

Given how good the CDX2 is, the fact that a network streaming product like the NDX2 sounded as good with the same music is frankly a compliment to the NDX2 :slight_smile: (speaking as an NDX2 owner)

1 Like

I have a CDX2 and NDX2 and they are quite different from each other sonically… I don’t think you can really compare… although I personally prefer the CDX2 to the NDX2’s internal analogue converter… and after all the CDX2 uses lesser finessed versions of the PCM1704K as used in the ND555.
The CDX2 mk1 is a cracking player which magically comes alive on Fraim, which in my opinion was only bettered by the CD555 and was better to my ears than my CDS3 that I owned for a while.(musically not definition detail)

I run my NDX2 in digital output mode… feeding an external converter, and it is superb at that… as a transport it truly is first class in my opinion.

2 Likes

You’ll love the NDX2 Popeye - it’s a rather special box in the magic it produces on the music! :+1: I just had a NDX2 installed on my A/V system (I run a ND555 on my music system), and it sounds very good, even before addition of an external power supply.

ATB. George.

4 Likes

The Super Lumina is the best first step. Then a PS.

1 Like

I just put in my order for an NDX2. Should be picking it up in about 3 weeks. My Christmas present to me. :grinning:

8 Likes

…congratulations!

Smart move picking it up, leaving it in Santa’s bag for the trip down the chimney may have had an impact on the SQ! Look forward to hearing your feedback once you have it up and running.

Excellent! You’ll love it, and what great timing to get it before Christmas!

ATB. George.

Stoogemoe & Seakayaker -
My ndx2 has arrived at my dealer (about 1/2 hour away). I’m having them bring it and set it up, which means i won’t have it til next week. I’m hoping (I should just call) that they wii run it in at their store. Either way, should make for a nice x-mas present. Enjoy , just curious - I’m east coast U.S., where are you?

1 Like

Hi Benjy, I’m in eastern PA. I hope to pick mine up in two weeks.

I wouldn’t assume that the dealer would run it in. They might think you want it pristine. I want mine in a sealed box. I love the unboxing ceremony. I don’t anticipate it needing much, if at all, run in. Of course I run the risk of driving 200 miles and the unit is DOA :grimacing:

Let us know how you like it :wink: This wait is killing me!

1 Like

My dealer usually does check everything out, so I’d actually be surprised if it’s not opened. Other than wanting an ethernet connection to my router (which is in the same room), I could probably install it myself, but I need guidance on anything computer related and even on what this thing does. Up to cd’s I was pretty technical savvy - but completely lost nowadays. Even the whole naim wiring (once you add power supplies) is confusing enough. So I’ll wait a few days

Originally from East Coast, Boston, have been residing in Seattle since January 1996. The weather and the beauty has kept me here. You can seakayak, sail, ride your motorcycle year round and for those who want to ski or snowboard there are plenty of options in season.

My dealer is about a 5 minute drive from my house since I live in the city. So when I bought my NDX 2 he drove over did the install and picked up my NDX that I traded in at the same time. Mine came out of the sealed box and sounded fine from the get go! There were some ah ha moments over the first few weeks after having had the chance to re-listen to albums that I was familiar with, you are in for a treat.

At the six month mark, I broke down and drove over to Hawthorne Stereo and asked if they had a XPS DR to demo and I walked out the door with it. Approximately 10 days later I called and told him I need one. I then dropped by the shop the next day and paid for it, set up an appointment and he delivered and installed the new PS a few days later and picked up the demo unit.

You are in for a really nice Christmas!

5 Likes