Kudos 606 for olives?

This could be your problem with sibilance and harshness. Maybe try/borrow/demo some other interconnects from your dealer especially the source cable between your source and pre amp.

Realism… hard to tell. A bit better with 606 - full sound is more complete
Absorbing… also a bit more 606 even if a tight slower
Emotion - that’s with the mids… a bit more SBL.

My criterium is the first sound coming out … and it was wow

Which one?

Depends what your dealer has but try and get OCC Copper, as said already most important is between your source component and Dac/phono stage or pre amp.

Just try some different cables and see if they improve the sibilance and harshness.

Chord Company
Witch Hat (if you can find it)
Sean Jacobs Copper and Silver
Siltech

Plenty of others, But usually OCC Copper or a good quality Silver cable (on the source) can make a difference.

You might find that the rest of your system is OK with Lavender/Naim, but start by just trying and changing your source cable.

It might sort the sibilance and harshness out or it might not. At least you tried.

1 Like

My room is very bass light (with SBL) so naca 5 is mandatory.
With 606 there is more option and I understand that the ks1 is a bit less sharp. So… for me they fit together.
Nevertheless… will try later on with naca 5

N Dac would sort that out.

1 Like

Yes - I know. Own one - now in sec system.
But nd555 is better sounding :grinning:

2 Likes

I have Nac A5 on Mid/Bass and Witch Hat Phantom (Tin plated OFC Copper) on the tweeters on my SL2’s in an active set up.

Nac A5 on tweeters is not nice sound.

2 Likes

You have even more gear than me in your hifi store cave :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m not sure, I know you have a lot too :grinning:

1 Like

I recently tried Chord Company Epic X on my Sugden I-A4 amp and it was a massive improvement on the Nac A4.

Chord Company Epic X (not Epic XL which is a lot more expensive) is Silver plated OFC copper is reasonably priced and sounds good.

Late night - first day update:

606 is:

• less speedy than SBL - which is not bad as it came with relaxing sound
  • more 3 d Layer. This is resulting that some sounds appear less detailed as with SBL, as they are standing a bit deeper in the room. Actually there is more detail - this was my first tone thought.
  • low volume … perfect
  • voices are a bit laid back… as no mid domination… but sometimes a bit over reacting… will keep an ear on it
  • sound is not really brighter … more in upper spectrum sometimes reacting with my room. Overall I now would say it is a bit darker again - good.
  • very transparent with 606

All from mind without a/b to SBL. A bit afraid of my own demons of doubt :smiling_face:
But really remember the SBL very well.

Have to sleep soon :face_holding_back_tears:

Could not agree more, I am using a WH Morgana ever since it came out between my DAC and my NAC82 and when I bought it I was using a humble SN2, as far as I remember back then I noticed a difference when it replaced the std Naim IC.

Now I am all Olive 82/HC/250 and recently had to take out the Morgana for a while and put back the lavender lead, there was a very clear slight hiss in the high frequencies, which if you haven’t heard other interconnects, shielded pure copper ones especially, you might be perfectly fine with the Naim lead, the difference is usually appreciated when you go back to it and realise its limits.

I have recently purchased Chord Epic X Aray 4DIN/XLR (waiting for a delivery), so expect to have a nice uplift in SQ there as well.

3 Likes

Put carpeting on that stone floor if you can. I believe many of your struggles will get solved just doing that. The room is more than 50% of what your hear.

1 Like

Thanks - had not installed it (5 Din to 5 Din Morgana) as 52 is not top shelf … you might know what I mean … :slight_smile:
But as I bought it for this should be done soon :slight_smile: Hopefully I can bend it a bit…

I teszted Hiline against Lavender with DAC-72-HC-250 … years back and preferred the lavender for its less edges and roundness… even thought that it was a bit brighter. But long ago

Correct - there is a bog wool carpet in front of the speakers - one of the best upgrades.

1 Like

Don’t fiddle around at the margins with cables, feet and other accoutrements until you sort the room.

SBL’s Out
606 2m apart and start 20cm from back wall
Thick rug in front of loudspeakers (mine is 2m square)
70h run in

If that doesn’t work, they’re not for you.

G

8 Likes

Will pull the SBLs at weekend at latest. They are not new but also need some run in.
There is a rug in front …
How have you liked the sound of your 505 … afik the physical presence in the room was the reason you changed.

Also I could give the cat a chance instead of vodka

I agree wholeheartedly. Too many changes at once. Get the speakers settled first with your current cables. Then start making changes once you’re used to them and even then just change one thing at a time.

4 Likes

Totally agree!
Will put them at SBL position with naca 5 soon. But like ks1 as well. Could be a next one.
Gaia and cables after 606 is decided …

1 Like