Kudos 606 for olives?

Wow … this deep room is something I have not even dreamed to happen…

Listening to get well soon - vexation

Only to be in the safe side.
The serial has A and B as suffix.
But there is no left or left and right speaker? Correct?

Yes. They are not handed.

1 Like

These tweeters are really fantastic… have looked what the cost … :scream: wow…

1 Like

I’m testing Kudos KS-1 once again along with my TQ Ultra Black II and 606 speaker.
First Time I compared them months ago and I preferred TQUBII. Right now with my system and room the ks-1 suits me perfectly since it makes listenable also bad records but it is not quite as sharp as TQBUBII. With well recorded Album I know that TQ may give me better soundstage and a more sculpted sound.
KS1 is running by a couple of days only, however sound signature is like I remember last time I tested it.
I’d definitely choose the best for my system/room but there are always pros and cons.

Anyway Kudos 606 is a very transparent speaker and every change can be clearly detected.
I wish you to enjoy your new loudspeakers :wink:

1 Like

Have tested a lot.
Love the 3d sound a lot and the full sound.
What interest me, is how the sound is changing, when I increase the distance from the wall. Will do - but spike adjustment is not my friend :slight_smile: (tile floor in uneven).
The sound seems more detailed in nearly all songs - especially within calm music. It also more layered - going very deep. But in a few songs that had used for testing I missed the guitar in front - it was more faint behind.
Does wall distance might have an influence here.
Don’t get me wrong - love them ! Overall much better sounding - very calm and breathing mids. A lot of songs give me a wow. The musical flow is exceptional!
SBL was rough compared to 606. but on the other hand extremely fast. How Not as closed speaker within a bass sucking room :wink:
606 is wonderfull - some albums which were out of SBL scope now really shine.

Edit: with ks-1 guitar might be there … but on Saturday I found the sound with ks-1 a bit hardened.

i found that farther from the wall, but not too far, 35cm for me, the detail was enhanced and soundstage improved. bass was still there different but i like it better, more controlled and much tighter. i think you’re doing the right thing move them a few cm at a time until you find just the right location for you. might want to jump to say 30cm and see what you think. then go back or forward from there.

1 Like

Now the adjustment is coming… hurray. Tend to get lost in it :joy:
Will do 25 cm next.
Maybe I test gaia2 … but this will be pain due to the uneven tile floor.

i don’t think the speakers will slide very well with the gaia.

1 Like

The standard spikes on the 606s are Track Audio already.

DG…

On my 606s I changed from NAC A5 to KS-1 and it was just generally more enjoyable.

DG…

Correct
And I need micrometer adjustment with the tiles. And Gaia can only be adjusted in 180 degrees rotation. That’s bad for my purpose :unamused:

Having earlier advised drago to tighten up the bolts connecting the speaker enclosures to their stands, I had a thought yesterday that it’s been probably three years since I tightened mine.

So, out with the Allen keys and, carefully tilting the speakers over, I set about checking and then tightening each of the 8 bolts. I was more than a little surprised by quite how “loose” they were, in a couple of cases it required a full 360 degree turn to properly nip them up.

Oh my word, what a difference! Jackson Browne’s, The Naked Ride Home has never sounded this good, the bass is visceral, you’d swear it was a 24/192 download but it’s “just” a cd rip. Wow, what can I say. If you haven’t checked for a while, please do it soon, you could be in for a significant improvement.

5 Likes

Great tip. Haven’t done mine since they were installed by my dealer 3 years ago. Something for me to do this w/e.

3 Likes

You’re in for a treat Alan!

3 Likes

Mine are tight :slight_smile: Tightening can also carefully be done with Allen key heads up … but a bit tricky.
I am a bit surprised as the LS do hang over and the aluminum base is less than half. The LS is made of wood so I hope that the material does not “bend” :slight_smile:

Where are these bolts please?

I assume this is on a Kudos 606.

See my pic above - under the base. 4 times Allen key… or below

By the way … now on you 23cm wall distance. Tried 25 but … though the mids became sterile … but might be all in the head

2 Likes

Good tip Dave. I’ve got to strip my system down tomorrow so I’ll check the Allen bolts on the speakers too :+1:

Base is not made of rock … but the bolts can be tightened good.
Don’t know if the metal part (with 606) is also fixed with bolts at the chassis. This could loosen as well. Have not checked when mine arrived.