Kudos 606 for olives?

Yes, on 606s. You’ll find 4 bolts on the underside of the speaker stand that take an Allen key.

If yours are as loose as mine were, you’ll get a pleasant surprise. If it had been a component upgrade, I’d have been happy spending £££’s on it.

1 Like

I am so happy, that my nerd-thread has finally brought some 606 tweak … thanks @Dave :blush:

1 Like

I typically do my driver bolts up with a torque wrench a couple of times a year. I usually get an eighth of a turn out of them. The improvement is small but worthwhile, especially given that it only takes a few minutes. I can only imagine how much they’d loosen if I left them for a few years.

2 Likes

May I ask another Drago question…
606 (as other titans) do have wooden side panels, which are fixed to the body with a polyethylene gasket in between - hence the small gap.
They seem rock solid and there is no advice on any checking them to sit correctly.
Sorry - I am a Bit SBL biased - here the gasket is something which made me afraid every time I had to breathe near the speaker…
With 606 is there also so much care to take? I assume not!
Very much think that the side panels are not nixed via some glue - but fixed with screws even if a gasket is in between. Have not detected any details on the net.
Why my interest … don’t know … it’s Drago … sorry

Afaik we discussed about the 8 screws fixing the base plate - damn… should I fix this little screws with seas on it ?

If you’re referring to the tweeters and mid/bass drivers (the 606 uses SEAS for both) then, yes, it’s definitely worth your while ensuring they’re done up to the correct torque. If the specified torques aren’t listed in the manual, the manufacturer should be able to help you out.

The wooden side panels are coupled to the inner cabinet core via decoupling pads. No gasket or seals to be concerned about.

1 Like

Today I had time to to have a quick back to SBL moment. Placed them beside the 606. wall is
Iong (7,5m). They had the radiator in their back… not optimal but a bit better for bass :rofl:
First sound was … really good. Well known tunes.
SBL (in bad position):

• less punchy
  • less in the face
  • bit less rough (which is not validated and not better in general)
  • very much less soundstage
  • all the bass tunes are missing
  • details are missing
  • voices are a bit more relaxed.

Switching back to 606 shows that they are both not so complete different in what they do.
606 is:

• more dynamic and punchy (sometimes a wee bit into stress - but this is also my ears need to adept)
  • mids are more open also a bit darker (even if is overall not darker or only a little bit)
  • bass and bass texture are soo beautiful - drum … percussion… wow
  • all is playing very well together…
  • groove is timing is excellent
  • the „breathing soundstage“ is phantastic
  • with 606 all seems twice it’s size
  • in some single songs a bit „loud“ on the voices or very few instruments (could be my room - had a song where the trumpet gets loud in the ear with SBL - fine with 606 but here cymbals get loud)
  • sibilance… this is what SBL has not done (how so with its geriatric tweeter :grinning:)

I have tested whichhat Morgana din cable against lavender (606 shows all) and the Morgana is similar what I remember from hi-line. More clarity but less smooth. Went back to lavender
Tested catsnake again against vodka. Catsnake very nice and smooth … but vodka has so much authority and grip.

Resume after 1,5 weeks…
My ears still need to do some adapting. And they will.
The gaias are still in their box - will return them. Don’t think they will smoothen all by a margin - bass is already perfect.
Few days left - no idea and muscle left to box them up and bring them downstairs… :grin:

1 Like

My impression is that you find the new speakers often edgy; and so they will ultimately be difficult to live with. I don’t know your sources but I think you should max those out first. If you’ve already done so … well, there are plenty other speaker brands out there.

Why not try the Gaia? You have nothing to loose.

1 Like

My nerves …

1 Like

I am a bit special as the part between my ears is playing tricks at me.
And edgy is also what I like - that’s why I always go back to vodka cable.
Digital source … nd555/555ps/phoenix net/innous zenith mk3… not much to do here :joy:

It is best for me to adapt to 606 first and to like it … Gaias will mainly have an effect on the bass - and bass is perfect.

Currently listening the French music… from a French woman …. Charlotte g.
Very nice sounding - edgy as it should

1 Like

I should also consider, that my reference is a 35y old naim sbl - if I had replaced its tweeters things might have been different.
Right now I love them … kudos

fitted Gaia IIs to my Kudos 606s 4 weeks ago instead of the already-great standard Track Audio spikes and shoes.

The Gaias are staying.

A very worthwhile upgrade for me. Bass, stereo separation, sound stage and vocal clarity all improved. Speaker position unchanged. Hardwood floor over concrete base.

1 Like

Your kudos? You referred to a post - yeah will consider mounting them.

This is the first speaker change I have ever done.
Must also get used to, that all sounds different…
Some albums are so much different… mainly from the soundstage aspect.
Totally immersed in the music…
That’s so new and good

I’m really tempted to try Gaia for my 606, however on concrete floor. Cost is not negligible.

1 Like

Not mine, but @Toon . Have not copied well……

1 Like

@Toon will answer you. I use Finite Elemente Cerabases.

2 Likes