Kudos 606 for olives?

So 23cm from skirting board to base

2 Likes

This is how I measure with the sbl … 23 cm is really good. Carpet is really good - I am so much on the analytical / tile floor side - since 20 years. Bought a wool carpet some years ago - was a good ! upgrade :slight_smile:

Should be just about perfect then :ok_hand:

Can’t wait to hear how you get on with them

1 Like

@Stu299 The black cables? Powerline? Or are this the KS1 cables?

Black cables are powerlines. Inside the white cable shroud is Kudos KS-1.

…“can’t wait…” …
You know… there will be some Hifi Dilemmas on the way … always are :slight_smile:
From my memory … it was you who brought up this term “nice to read about my hifi dilemmas”. This was very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

What speaker cable will you be using?

NACA 5 cable

Get some KS-1 :joy:

:slight_smile: Googled it already … :slight_smile: What is the difference?
It is OK price wise… Need 6 m (or 5) … if 606 is a keeper. Next round is on :slight_smile:

As I understand it the Kudos is wired with KS-1 so it was a no brainer for me.

I was using the Witch Hat equivalent of NACA5 originally. It’s supposed to be very close.

The KS-1 was a significant improvement, particularly in the treble which I thought was a lot sweeter.

Can recommend Cymbiosis for the cables. They did a great job on mine and even spoke to Kudos to ensure everything was optimised.

2 Likes

As Drago is from Germany … I can only be jealous about the fine dealers you have there - like Peter from cymbiosis.
Had a quick view in the KS-1 thread… YES! That will be a good deal to go for.

Hope that NACA5 will not be a weak link so that it brings me away from 606 … (hot treble…). No dealer near who can lend me such cable fort testing period - bad…

1 Like

The 606 were voiced on KS-1. It’s zero risk in my opinion. And they are very reasonably priced…

Which plug should is to take - chord ohmic?

Termination plugs for KS-1?

1 Like

Yeah - the ones you put in the speaker and amp :slight_smile:

Searching if I can buy (with return window) a KS-1 in Germany … not so easy to find…

Just buy from Cymbiosis

I have KS1 and it is very good. I have Naim plugs at the amplifier end and Z plugs at the speaker end, which seems to be a good balance. I bought mine from Signals, a U.K. dealer. But if you have NACA5 and are happy with it, there is no reason to try something else.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t need to change from NacA5,to be able to hear if you like the 606´s.

2 Likes