Kudos 606 for olives?

‘Hot’ treble :joy::wink:

See above

Warm treble

1 Like

Give them a few days to warm up and, with a bit of attention to location, you’ll have the SBLs on Ebay…
:grin:

The new Kudos speaker cables will need a week or so of running in, too.

1 Like

Ks1 are from a dealer …
Thinking about SL cable … good offer available… heared it on Monday. Less than 1/3 price.
But first - testing naca 5 :slight_smile:

To be honest… a bit unfair… sbls came a bit to age…

606 are now placed with a cm gap direct in front of SBL. (Sofa is pushed back)
Is it likely that I can pull 606 further back, when SBL is put aside?
I very much think so!

The bass should increase the more close to the front wall you get but the mids can also collapse when the bass takes over. I would move the SBLs away if you are serious with 606 :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ll surely sound even better without another pair of speakers behind them!

5 Likes

Exactly. Not even in the same room, never mind just behind them!

:rofl:

Here’s an idea @drago: take photographs of the SBLs, carefully lift off the top boxes, peel off the silicone, lay the lower boxes on their backs and remove spikes. Then pack them up in the original boxes, seal the boxes with tape.

Now you can optimise the position of the 606s.

Oh, and don’t forget to list the SBLs on eBay! :rofl:

6 Likes

I put the ball in front of the goal…

1 Like

By the way - will never sell the SBL

2 Likes

I would place the 606 in front of but beside the SBL,then you can easily switch and compare.

1 Like

That is not possible as the tv is in the middle…
And… a/b comparing is driving me mad.

Have you never resealed the SBL’s ?

1 Like

Nope - as I said … unfair
Woofer test totally fine - but original seal from 89

1 Like

Until you remove the SBls from the room and set up the 606s correctly you will not hear them at anywhere near there best.

Been using them for five years never had any trace of harshness at all even when they are playing really loud, positioning is critical to extract the best out of them but it is suprising how close they can be to a back wall.

Best of luck and enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks
They are very direct and there are some notes that became a bit stressing to the ears … same with sbl (room)
But - there is something complete among them. Sbls has only been driving it’s extremely good mids. A bit sharp top end and a bit none at bottom end.
A d bass is what I have been hunting for thousands of…