Kudos Heaven

I think the normal advice with carpet over concrete is just to make sure your spikes are pushed through the carpet to the concrete. If you put the spikes into a cup sitting on top of the carpet it may be more unstable

4 Likes

Look forward to seeing them in-situ.

Mine were a month ‘old’ when I bought them but still needed about 70h playing to settle.

Enjoy,

G

Haven’t put the spikes in yet as I want to get the positioning right. Currently toed in to the listening position (and I must say sounding very good).

15 Likes

Kudos recommend no toe in. My 707’s are much better without it.

Get them bedded in and then have a play around with positioning but do bear the above in mind.

3 Likes

I have my 707’s with literally 1-2mm toe in (not noticable without close inspection) simply to prevent room resonances as my room is ‘L’ shaped and can be a bit boomy at certain frequencies

1 Like

If that helps.

G

1 Like

Great looking speaker
What wood finish? Can’t tell from frontal view.
David

Tineo. I’ll take a picture when it’s daylight and post it.

Also Tineo!
Enjoy!

20 Likes

They’re spiked and go through the carpet to the concrete so no cups here.

A wonderful and well deserved treat. Enjoy!

Impressive system and beautiful house.

1 Like

I still love looking at this room David.

1 Like

They are nice looking speakers for sure. Have you considered splitting the rack into two half sized stacks and putting them on the side wall. I once had six boxes on one Fraim stack, and found a very significant improvement from splitting into brawn and brain. It’s much easier when you have four burndies to contend with. I’d also consider swapping the glass Quadraspire for a bamboo version, which sounds much better. Sorry for the diversion, but this is a relatively small change that should make a big difference.

Beautiful! Wish I had that size of room :slight_smile: I see you use Herbies decoupling gliders as I do :+1:

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about two racks - I’ll give it some consideration. Fraim rack(s) are on my letter to Santa this year.

Ah, now you are talking! If you are thinking of Fraim, definitely do two stacks if you can. It really will sound better, and will be much easier to dress the cables. Another, and cheaper option, is Isoblue. It’s pretty much on a level with Fraim, and is much more furniturey, more discreet, hides the wires, easier to set up, and easier to dust. They make a Special Branch version with posh veneers if you are feeling flush.

3 Likes

+1 for Isoblue :grinning:

2 Likes

Herbies are great. Makes moving heavy speakers easy.
I replaced Naim Chips with the Gliders

3 Likes

Also consider the SimRack.

I changed from one tall rack to two racks side by side which made a huge improvement.

DG…

12 Likes