Kudos Heaven

Agreed👍

Are your Herbies Gliders the Regular, or Giant ones?
Thanks👍

I have the regulars. They are great on wood or solid floors. I think for carpet the giants may be better based on reviews I read on Herbie’s site.

1 Like

Thanks👍

Your profile mentions a ‘Naim Cryoed Power Cable’.

Is it a Powerline, and how did you get it cryoed?

If he’s in the States there is a shop named AVOptions that can cryo Powerlines.

Have you ever heard any cryoed gear?

Yes, I have. I have a pair of NACA5 that are cryo’d and they fantastic. My SNAIC4 and SNAIC5 were complimentary cryo’d when I had my HiCapDr recapped.

2 Likes

Did you hear them before being cryo-ed?

What effect does cryo-ing have on the sound of Naim cables?

1 Like

Great speakers …wish I could accommodate a pair…faberoo

In the US I purchased it from AV Options. The sound seemed cleaner to me and more detailed. Not a major change but for the price seemed pretty good. I have about 6 of these cryoed power cords that I was using in my previous system. They were my default cords prior to switching to Ansuz X2 cords. I compared them against some Audioquest $200 cords and preferred their sound but also for the flexibility.

1 Like

My experience mirrors @SRO

Just out of interest, what’s the absolute minimum amp wise that one could get away with - until finds allow with the Kudos 808 ?

Would say a Supernait 3 be a totally waste of time to even try ?

Asking for a friend……

Once heard a 200 driving the old Kudos 88s, it did very well.

Have you considered the Track Audio Feet? Don’t know too much about them, but I think they work a bit like the Gaias.
Two sets of four are about £1,050.

2 Likes

Yes, I considered also this option but apart the huge cost, I guess that they increase too much the loudspeaker height compared to the original spikes or Gaia II. Unfortunately I have no change to try anything before purchasing.

2 Likes

I recently purchased a used SuperNait 3 for a garden room system. Just for fun to check it out I plugged it in my main system in place of 552/500, driving Kudos Titan 808s. It was surprisingly good! Given the price difference (£4k vs. £52k), it was quite an eye opener. Obviously it didn’t have the control or finesse of the bigger amps, but it certainly has the ‘Naim sound’.

5 Likes

Kudos 606s being collected this week. Initially to replace Linn speakers in an AV system, together with a NAP250DR - brand new at an exceptionally attractive price.
I’m planning to put them on Gaia II to establish optimum position, given the room is all askew.
I have a spare set of Naca 5, anyone have a preference between Naim cable versus the Kudos KS1 using Naim NAP?
My Naim dealer is not unfortunately a Kudos dealer, so I’m initially reluctant to ask for a home demo from elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’ve listened to a system using both NACA5 and KS-1 and preferred the KS-1.

2 Likes

Do you have the urge to upgrade to 808 or you think 707 is very good enough for you?