Kudos Heaven

Mine are exactly the same :+1:

1 Like

That’s not the fault of the speakers!

Do you think these would bring a noticeable improvement used under my Titan 505 stands? I’m using the supplied spikes that sit on carpet with concrete underneath.

I also worry they would raise the height of the speakers too much. I sit relatively close and my Eames sofachair (replica, I’m not made of money) is rather low as it is.

The 505s have landed!

26 Likes

I think the normal advice with carpet over concrete is just to make sure your spikes are pushed through the carpet to the concrete. If you put the spikes into a cup sitting on top of the carpet it may be more unstable

4 Likes

Look forward to seeing them in-situ.

Mine were a month ‘old’ when I bought them but still needed about 70h playing to settle.

Enjoy,

G

Haven’t put the spikes in yet as I want to get the positioning right. Currently toed in to the listening position (and I must say sounding very good).

15 Likes

Kudos recommend no toe in. My 707’s are much better without it.

Get them bedded in and then have a play around with positioning but do bear the above in mind.

3 Likes

I have my 707’s with literally 1-2mm toe in (not noticable without close inspection) simply to prevent room resonances as my room is ‘L’ shaped and can be a bit boomy at certain frequencies

1 Like

If that helps.

G

1 Like

Great looking speaker
What wood finish? Can’t tell from frontal view.
David

Tineo. I’ll take a picture when it’s daylight and post it.

Also Tineo!
Enjoy!

20 Likes

They’re spiked and go through the carpet to the concrete so no cups here.

A wonderful and well deserved treat. Enjoy!

Impressive system and beautiful house.

1 Like

I still love looking at this room David.

1 Like

They are nice looking speakers for sure. Have you considered splitting the rack into two half sized stacks and putting them on the side wall. I once had six boxes on one Fraim stack, and found a very significant improvement from splitting into brawn and brain. It’s much easier when you have four burndies to contend with. I’d also consider swapping the glass Quadraspire for a bamboo version, which sounds much better. Sorry for the diversion, but this is a relatively small change that should make a big difference.

Beautiful! Wish I had that size of room :slight_smile: I see you use Herbies decoupling gliders as I do :+1:

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about two racks - I’ll give it some consideration. Fraim rack(s) are on my letter to Santa this year.