Kudos KS1 speaker cable

Completely agree. I played my system to some (honest) friends and they were very underwhelmed. I threw in a change of cables and hey presto. Cables can bring a very significant change indeed (although in the interests of transparency, the cables I swopped in are in the same budget as another black box! :grimacing::blush:)

2 Likes

Getting anoraky - but is the KS1 directional ?

Thanks

Yes, it has Kudos printed on the sleeve…….the Kudos “s” is at the speaker end.

3 Likes

Cheers Gazza was thinking the word direction is most likely the signal flow amp to speaker.

1 Like

Guys, did you ever compare Kudos KS1 withTellurium Ultra black II? They are in a different target price but I’m curious to get a feedback about it. I already own a pair of TQUBII and my speakers are Kudos 606. Many thanks :wink:

1 Like

I see KS-1 is now available in black.

4 Likes

My wife wants a room revamp which will mean moving the hifi rack. I may need new cables at a length of 11m to take around the room edges from speakers to the new rack position. Is 11m possible with KS 1 cable? I will be running to 606s.
Any advice welcome.
Cheers Matthew

Easy to hide and super SQ cable.
I don’t think longer is a problem just some Naim stuff doesn’t like short runs. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I would drop Kudos an email….they are very helpful.

2 Likes

The obvious answer! Many thanks will do this later and see what they say. Thanks for your reply extremely helpful🙂

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Your most welcome hope all comes together well. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

11m shouldn’t be a problem, I have similar length cables in my system and it sounds pretty good to me :blush:

2 Likes

Good enough for me, thank you.

I took the advice of gazza and emailed Kudos last night. I got this reply from the Managing Director Derek this morning which is great customer service and a reply that I think references “polarbear”!

This probably is as dependant on the electronics as the cable and what I can tell you is that we have used up to 10 meters in the past and our demo room uses 8 without any issues at all. We also have a customer using around 11 meters in a Naim set up, which is probably the most sensitive combination and he has no problems at all. Regards the cable itself there is no technical reason that this length would have any discernible degradation to the sound.

So in view of the relatively modest price of the KS -1 I think this will be my first (and hopefully last) step in speaker cable purchasing.

9 Likes

Yep….great guys…….excellent cable……a bargain. And they respond to people, top notch👍

6 Likes

I was very pleasantly suprised to get such a quick response and also from the MD. Excellent customer service, a refreshing outcome.

3 Likes

A great British brand :+1:

2 Likes

Kudos to them for creating great products. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Funny how we can all see things differently- I have a pair of C10,s. Emailed them three times over recent years and never had as much as an acknowledgment. Maybe I need to buy a big pair of floorstanders.