Kudos KS1 speaker cable

I don’t know, in my original email I made it clear my speakers were 2nd hand so there was no reason to expect such a quick response on my speaker wire question as Imhad not spent any speaker money with them. Maybe try again as its post covid and more staff on site.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried to compare this cable against the NACA5 in OLIVE components?

1 Like

I am presently running 5m of KS-1 with my CD5x - 72/hicap/180 and Mordaunt Short 100 golds (small standmount on Target stands) and the conclusion is a definite improvement over naca5, more detailed mids, pleasantly smoother highs, and an lush more organic bass, it’s obviously nicer on the ear.

NACA5 is a product of the 1980s, excellent in its day but it’s vintage now, over 30 years old and the performance has fell behind the competition, it’s well behind time naim audio developed a NACA6 :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I think naca5 still sounds good. Martin Colloms the reviewer and loudspeaker designer preferred naca5 to superlumina speaker cable.

1 Like

To add to my defence of nac A5 here are Martin’s scores for speaker cables:

Abbey Road Reference 28
Abbey Road Monitor 25
Audio Quest CV-4.2 55
Bell Wire’ ( 5m ) 8
Cardas Golden Reference 90
DNM Precision 43
Gamut Wormhole Signature 55
Kimber Monocle XL (single wire version) 40
Kimber Black Pearl 110
Kimber KS 3035 72
Kimber KS 3038 95
Kimber 8TC SE 72
Microphonic Audio ‘Reference’ 21
LFD ‘Loudspeaker’, flat copper ribbon cable 50
Nordost Frey 35
Naim NACA5 105
Nordost Heimdal 30
Device Under Test (DUT) Rating
Transparent Reference XL mm 100
Transparent Reference XL mm2 155 !
Transparent Reference MM 96
Transparent Music Wave Plus 69
QED Silverline Anniversary XT 17
QED XT 400 12
Russ Andrews/Kimber Crystal 24 47 Kimber spades
Russ Andrews/Kimber Crystal 24 52 WBT 4mm
Tellurium Blue 20
Telluirium Black 23
Van Den Hul Royal Jade 28
Van Den Hul Super Nova 35
Van Den Hul CS122 ( better at longer lengths) 31
Van Damme Classic 2x1.5 mm twin axial 14
Wireworld Atlantis 5 42
Wyrewizard Dreamcaster bi wire 31
Yter (best below 4 m length) 85
5 Likes

So do i…

naca5 is still a good cable, no one here is suggesting it suddenly sounds broken, not that i think it would break with that robust built quality.

But KS-1 is better musically, is more flexible, and costs less than naca5 :smile: :+1:

6 Likes

Beyond price being a limiting factor I can’t see how there can be such a thing as ‘the best cable’.
For a multitude of reasons the best cable is surely the cable, we as individuals have chosen to use to listen to our music through. ATB Peter

3 Likes

An executive in a prominent cable company said to me “I’d like to tell you that my cables are simply the best on the planet but in reality it depends upon the speaker. What works with Speaker X may well be less than effective with Speaker B”. My experience as well.

What happened to Speaker A?

10 Likes

Bit of Tommy Cooper magic where speaker A was magically turned into speaker X. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

Looking at Companies House and LinkedIn, Kudos only have 3 employees, so perhaps not so surprising to get an email from the MD! Hadn’t realised the business was so small. The owners of Kudos speakers on this forum must make up a large part of their customer base :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure that helps. After I’d registered my speakers, I received an email asking me to write a short review of them, which was to be added to their website. The mail stated that for my troubles I’d be entered into a draw to win some KS-1 cables. Well, I submitted the review and… nothing.

1 Like

Anyone tried or used them or Witch Hat Phantom Speaker Cable with Dynaudio speakers?

I’ve heard them both when I had Evoke 50s.
I didn’t think there was a great deal of difference but prefered the sound of the phantom. IMO both were considerably better than NACA5.

Lovely looking set up @DJM with black and white colour scheme.

1 Like

Yes only a few weeks ago compared NACA5 and KS-1 with Evoke 50. Kept the KS-1.

2 Likes

Seems to be one of those rare consistent and high value for money results.

I moved from cable at 4x plus the cost to it (and many a reviewers choice) just works and let’s music flow in my experience, in two very different systems.

1 Like

I am also using the ks1 cable on my 808’s it just sounded so right from the start, plus it’s a complete bargain against others

5 Likes