Kudos KS1 speaker cable

Simply a great value, great sounding cable. I’ve had it in my system 5-6 weeks now and my system has never sounded better.

1 Like

Spectre is out?

1 Like

Yes i tried it obviously, but i found the ks1 just sounded more balanced and natural with the 808’s in my system.
Compared to the pmc’s that just loved the spectre cable and if i hadn’t changed speakers then for sure i would now be using it, but my demo cables went back last week.

1 Like

Has anyone compared KS-1 to Superlumina? I’m currently using SL, but I’d be interested to know if anyone has tried and preferred KS-1. Making the change could release quite a bit of cash.

Just borrow some from a dealer and try it. Cymbiosis will certainly post some out.

I think Peter was going to bring some when he installed the speakers, but somehow they were forgotten or left in Wayne’s van. I’d still be interested to hear if anyone has made this comparison.

I haven’t compared them directly Clive, but I’ve tried them both separately with Mogami 2972 and NACA5 as my Yardsticks. SL was better than NACA5 (if a bit less fun), but didn’t get anywhere near the Mogami for me. I’ve now bought a set of KS-1 and very happily listening to them now and they sound great.

I’m not letting the Mogami go yet though. There’ll be a rematch at a later date for sure, but KS-1 beats SL comprehensively for me. I didn’t really get on with the SL speaker cable even though I have SL interconnect and DIN-XLR pair.

Caveats: I’m mostly a Classical listener and I have weird speakers…

3 Likes

Yes……ks-1 was where i ended up for a while…….but it is a home demo you need. Your room, system etc………i never demo or borrow that i cannot afford. I tried SL it never worked, i now have witch hat Spectre….which i prefer.

3 Likes

2 x 10m here for the last 4 weeks, sounding very musical.

6 Likes

“Anyone tried or used them or Witch Hat Phantom Speaker Cable with Dynaudio speakers?”

Yes - had firstly A5, then Chord Epic before ending up with the Phantoms on a pair of Dynaudio Contours. IMHO the Phantoms were more refined and dynamic in their presentation than the NAC but not overly-so and I was a little underwhelmed for the price - I was expecting more I guess. A house move last year meant a change of speakers (Spendor A7’s) and longer cables. I couldn’t justify the cost of Phantom again so based on positive reviews on this Forum I went for KS-1 and it’s a fab cable - really does punch above it’s weight and to my ears, way better than WH (or anything else I’ve had or heard).

3 Likes

I tried KS-1 and did not even put my SL back in to see if they were better. The cost difference alone is worth the demo. I felt the KS-1 were better vs SL on first listen and after a few weeks/month never felt the need to retry SL so sold them. SL were a bit bright for me vs KS1

2 Likes

I use WH Phantom with Dynaudio Contour 60s, which replaced my old NACA 5. Significant improvement, more refined in every department. I have Spectres on order and the Phantoms will go on the second system so now counting the months until the big day.

At the time I did the switch I also added Morgana XLRs but even so, the uplift due to Phantom I found significant.

WH Phantom and Dynaudio speakers are a happy combination, based on my experience.

1 Like

Yes, Dynaudios are a good match for Naim amplification I think and the Phantoms add a welcome touch of refinement which helps to smooth off some of the rough edges.

I will try it.

KS-1 speaker cable has just replaced NAC A5 on our system. Due to our house move, we’ve gone from an acoustically bright room to the complete opposite, where KS-1 works better for us.

The new room has a superb solid marble fireplace which is in the way, so we need to completely hide the cable and have 90 degree bends. The new, to be fitted, carpet underlay will have a channel cut in it for the KS-1 cable.

2 Likes

I heard the 808s on the end of Nordost tyr2 recently - completely unexpected (even for the dealer) but they complement the speakers (on the end of 500 kit at least) very well. We compared to the usual culprits and everybody preferred the Nordost for detail, realism, timing.
Another price bracket to KS-1 I know, but thought I’d share the experience :blush:

1 Like

You really have to try it in context of your system. Not sure I would have chosen KS1 over SL (I had them both) in my setup but others would feel differently for theirs. Really depends on room acoustics, speakers, interconnects etc. You have to get hold of some and do an a/b :blush:

1 Like

I used to own the older Nordost speaker cables back in the day(Blue Heavens and SPM Reference) and am aware that the current Tyr2 is a good cable but rather costly. I just checked the price of the Nordost Tyr 2 and a 4m pair costs £10,480 which is surely out of my league.

I currently have the Chord Signature XL in my system and its pretty good. Sometimes I wonder what the costlier cables would bring to the table…

The chord stuff seems to work well with naim… I’m sticking with it. The mid range is just too good to swop out :slight_smile:
But in that other system the Tyr blew the socks off everything… horses for courses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think the KS1 is a good choice with Exposure 3010 amp and Kudos X3 speakers?

1 Like