Kudos KS1 speaker cable

The Titans look better with the grills on IMO. :+1:t5:

1 Like

I always use grills (young kids) but the Titan’s/NBL & SBL’s have all sounded no worse with them on and mostly better which is a bonus! I prefer the look of speakers grilled.

3 Likes

I’ve had my 606s between 15cm and 90cm from the wall and have settled on 35cm. The KS-1 cable is very malleable too and is an improvement on the WH Phantom that preceded it.

5 Likes

I still think it looks like I’ve connected my speakers with 5A mains cable, but it’s very discreet, easy to dress and more importantly, works very well in my system.

2 Likes

Yes James, it looks like table lamp flex. It would be incredibly interesting to see what 5 amp flex would sound like, hooked up to speakers and amp.:thinking:

I agree about the Titan’s looking better with grilles on, I just daren’t with three cats in the house :paw_prints:

I currently run a pair of 3-metre Super Lumina between Naim 300DR and Kudos Titan 606. Switching for Kudos KS1 cable should I go for the same lenght considering the amp is 1.2m from each speakers or go for 2m or 4m?

I’ve got 4m kudos ks1, although I dont quite need that length. It’s easy to bend so no problems with a bit extra and should be more forgiving of the amp.
Bonus is it’s not too steep price wise

1 Like

What type of Tellurium Q did you compare with SL and KS-1?

I’d never run below 3 mtr with any Naim amp, currently running a 5 mtr Phantom.
My experience the longer the better, up to 7-8 mtr.

I was using 5m SL and went to 7-8m KS-1. Sounds great to me. I just loop the excess up!

An excellent description, I bought 2x7m lengths from my local dealer, I am told the staff have changed there cables too!

1 Like

I also purchased the KS1 from the same dealership. Very helpful guys.

Prior to that, I had the original Tellurium Black for 10 years. I did actually demo some Chord Epic XL. The difference against my Tellurium Black was night and day! However, I just couldn’t justify 2x5 metres @ £200 a metre. Also, they were very cumbersome to use.
I’ve had the KS1 for two months and the jury is still out.

I tried to ignore the chord stuff - it will get you in the end :grimacing::joy:

1 Like

I’d be interested to hear why the jury is out on the KS-1. I’m currently running in a pair of 707’s. I use the original TQ Black and was thinking of demoing the KS-1 once the speakers are run in having read good things about it on here.

1 Like

I use Witch Hat phantom and they are a good match with the 707s.

1 Like

WH Phantom run rings around TQB, expect Kudos to do the same.

I’d have thought the enthusiasts with Kudos speakers would be all over this as how many times is it possible to have a same cable run inside and out.
Great design thought on Kudos gear. :+1:t2:

Has anyone compared our Phantoms to ks1

That was exactly my thought too. I still don’t get why other cables can work as well as KS1, (my subjective assessment of course) give the synergy on offer?
So much stuff in this hi-fi game that doesn’t seem to make sense :slight_smile:
But KS1 remains a solid choice, and especially so given the price.