Kudos KS1 speaker cable

Interestingly I lent my now unused KS cable to a friend who just bought some 707s - he preferred the SL in his listening environnement after an extended listen.
Maybe there is equally some synergy in the full loom approach - ie adding SL speaker cable to the SL interconnect he uses.
Certainly in my system the Music speaker cable sounds great, but only when used with Music speaker bridge cables and the effect is amplified by the introduction of the Music interconnect (vs SL, or even Sarum). In my system this (significantly) trumps the same cable from amp to speaker argument (I did not expect it to, and was quite disappointed that my theory of the superiority of using the same cable right through from amp to the speaker driver was proven incorrect… and I still don’t get it :thinking: )

1 Like

I’ve heard the Kudos cable in my old set up at my dealers and preferred the phantom. I thought both were an improvement over the NACA5.
The 707s sound good with phantom so I’ll stick with them.

I have Phantom on order that will have a go against my current TQ Black II.

1 Like

Also note guys that Kudos choose to use non KS1 speaker bridges - that one had me scratching my head. Goes against the theory of superiority of the same cable all the way from amp to driver theory?

1 Like

The phantom cable looks interesting. Had I been in the UK I would’ve included that for sure in the cable shoot out :blush:

Did you try Music John?

Will be good to hear back - I’m looking at WH Phantom vs TQ Black II vs. Kudos cable vs. Naim Naca5
282/250 → Totem Signature Ones.

Heck, I should do a shoot out - but the TQ cables I have are too short.

I think it’s going to be a waste of time - The SL will beat the Kudos - if you’re looking for depth…
if you just care about midrange and treble - the Kudos will be nice - more delicate and airy sounds.
The SL are darker…

The KS1 is very clean and precise, that’s for sure.

I’m too cheap to have speaker bridges. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My 606s sound superb without bridges :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apologies @Buryfc for late reply.
To be fair, I’m probably not getting the best out of the KS-1 cables as I need to look at a PS for my NDX 2, and possibly upgrade it’s source DIN cable.
I have a topic running on this at the moment.

Did you demo the KS-1 on your 707’s.

Thanks

1 Like

@DJM no worries. I’ve not done anything with regards demoing speaker cables yet as my speakers were running in. That’s been a bit of a rollercoaster ride but they seem to be coming on song now.

I’ve got my dealer coming back after Easter for a listen and play with speaker positioning. I’ll probably ask him to bring some cables with him for me to try. He’s had a lot of business out of me over the years and is more than happy to leave them with me so I can have an extended demo. I’ve had my current TQ Black speaker cable for some years now and through various incarnations of system from XS level to where I am now. I’m keen to see what other cables can do now I’m at the level of kit I’ve reached.

1 Like

I had my original Tellurium Black speaker cables for 11 years, when they first came out. Sold them a few weeks ago.

Good luck with the cables demoing.:+1:

Sorry Robby I’ve just seen your reply. No I didn’t try them.

Unbelievable, i struggling 2 months to understand why my naca 5 dosent sound good all, now after i read that i cut off the chord banna which i have on the speakers side , and what the XXXX , here is the good sound that i heard about the naca 5. Thanks polarbear, i didnt catch which plug you have now on the speakers side, i assume you have naim plug on the side of the amp.

1 Like

@Debs - others - how are your kudos cables terminated?
Mine are terminated with chord pins on both sides… and there seems to be some angst around those in the forum…

Thinking of having them fitted with Naim on the one side - but on the other?

1 Like

Basic Deltron bananas non plated just nickel on the speaker end.
Cheap as chips and superb.
I’ve used them for years. :+1:t2:

1 Like

My pleasure, I am glad you sorted your sound quality out. I have Naim terminations on my amp side, they sound so much bette Ethan the Chord banana’s.

And the speaker side its kudos right?