Kudos Titan 606

I love the idea of a group of people who have never heard something trying to discuss what it might sound like. There are two sensible options: 1. Go and listen to it, or if that’s not practical, 2. Don’t worry about it.

5 Likes

Spot on HH … only your ears in your listening room will give you an answer.

however there are speakers like sonus faber, atc, and proac, which are completely different. It can help to say if it’s nearer one of them…

When something is right you just know it. Sounds like you hit the bull’s eye first time. Speakers can be absolute pigs to match to rooms.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you @frenchrooster, it is good to get an idea of people’s perception of sound and placement - it helps to narrow down the search before approaching dealers for demos.

It is very hard to find a dealer who stocks all choices so some narrowing down is necessary first.

I am sure that we are all adults on here and fully understand the principle of trying in your own environment before buying. However, it is nice to illicit a number of opinions/ thoughts from these forums as part of the journey. Is this not a purpose of these forums?

I doubt that many would buy on the strength of these forums alone.

2 Likes

i completely agree with you, and for me it would be even more interesting to know because of the distance.
I like the look of these kudos, know now that they work very well with naim, and that they work fine too with difficult rooms.
But have no idea what is their sound characteristics…
If they have nice midrange and lot of textures as sonus faber or harbeth, or if they are more on the neutral side like ATC, or with bass emphasis like BW, …?

Harry , Iain did comment on how well they sounded last week and only requiring a small adjustment from the original placement position and they are sounding rather old.

I’ve been into Audience this morning and have agreed P/X terms etc with Andrew so and as soon as the required funds are in my account I can confirm the order this should be in a couple of days.

When I spoke to Kudos on Monday they indicated a two to three week
build and delivery time and in the chosen the Tineo finish.

2 Likes

Nice. They should be nicely run in for Christmas. Congratulations.

They are very handsome speakers. Nice room and setup there :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Many congratulations @pcd.

Audience is a good dealer and the guys are genuine Naim enthusiasts. I wish I could say the same for my local dealer! What electronics are you running to drive those superb speakers? I couldn’t see from your profile.

Core, ND555,252,Supercap dr, 300 dr, full S/L loom and Powerlines I started using Audience some three and a half years ago and they are excellent nothing is too much trouble extremely helpful and as you say true Naim enthusiasts.

I might start using them. I’m in Bristol so not too far from Bath.

I used to go to Bristol. Then I discovered Audience. The main thing is that there is choice. People can make their own judgements.

1 Like

Great result on the Kudos 606 loudspeakers! I was in Audience on Wednesday and was telling Andrew that we’d been discussing your choice on here. You’re right, Audience is an excellent dealer - they have always been willing to go the extra mile to get the right result.

1 Like

Hi Seadog,

If I remember correctly, you’re using a pair of ATC. Am currently using ATC SCM19A, still have a pair of Kudos C20(not Titan series) kept in store.

In comparison to ATC, Kudos C20 is airier, a lot more forgiving than ATC, as you know, ATC is lethal(revealing). So if you have music of average recording, you can listen through with Kudos. Bass definition and midrange texture, I’ll go with ATC. Then again, I have a pair of C20, not Titan series. Nevertheless, I’m very happy with the C20 which kept me happy for 6 over years. Sorry, no direct experience with ProAc.

Cheers

1 Like

Cheers for that. I am in the UK in Dec. and Jan. and I am determined to find time to have a demo. of some hi fi stuff that I can never dream of hearing in my country.

The Kudos Titan range is one as well as Neat & some other brands that also interest me. It’s just a “out of interest” type thing, I am unbelievably happy with my 40A active set up. It will take a very special speaker indeed to make me even think about moving on from an ATC active system.

i will follow you Seadog, specially to read your feelings about kudos titan vs atc 40. :+1:

Last year I casually mentioned to my dealer that I might consider a pair of Titans, probably 505s or maybe 606. His immediate response was that I should look at SCM40s or even 19s. He stocks both brands, but said he thought the cost of the custom drivers in the smaller Titans made them too expensive. Still, the Titans sound pretty good to me, but I haven’t done a direct comparison.

Clive, Iain picked up the 606s yesterday and gave me a lift into the shop to discuss P/X terms with Andrew your Crossovers were the talk of the town glad you have got your system up and running again and enjoying your music.

I will confirm the order on Tuesday as I have had confirmation today that the required funds will be transferred into my account in the next couple of days.

With a bit of luck I should have them before my birthday next month 606s on my 66th well that’s the plan anyway and as you say an excellent dealer.

2 Likes

Excellent. 707’s on your 77th then.