Kudos Titan 606

All the very best on your road to recovery @NO-QUARTER.

1 Like

On a brighter note, I am using my next doctor appointment as an excuse to take the day off work, continue down the highway to visit an Audio dealer. So next Wednesday I will demo a bunch of British speakers, and order an Mscaler, happy times!

2 Likes

Hi @iliria, I struggled at first to justify Ā£4.5k for the super 20s but got my head round it OK when I saw the quality of finish and sound - just fell slightly short on performance for me.

When I looked at the 606s standing next to the super 20s it was immediately apparent how much of a quality product they are. The cabinet shape, size, quality is superb. I have a demo pair in my house at the moment and after unpacking them and feeling the weight I can really appreciate the quality. Then of course there is the most important factor - sound quality! Great close to a solid rear wall, great at very low volume and although only 84dB efficiency they are very easy to drive at a nominal 8 ohms with a 6 ohm minimum.

These cost Ā£9k and even my partner (she has no interest in hifi) who went mad at me for considering Ā£4.5k for the super 20s, is behind me on this purchase. She was very worried about the size and impact on her well sorted seating area but now really likes them.

We will certainly place an order early next week! As per the personal situations several people on here are having to endure, it certainly brings home the fact that life is short and we should all seize the moment as long as it is safe to do so and doesnā€™t harm others.

8 Likes

Well, this is Hi-Fi Corner and specifically a 606 thread but sitting above all this comes across loud and clear that health must remain top of our priorities.

Best wishes to no-quarter for a continued recovery and hereā€™s hoping a very successful outcome for Mike_S. When you have your thoughts in the right place Iā€™m a strong believer in music as a provider of great diversions and motivation for recovery. Good luck with these journeys both.

Peter

6 Likes

At the risk of perpetuating thread drift, I have extracted a quote from Bjm above which for me perfectly summarises how to balance life, health and our passions.

Life is not a rehearsal, so enjoy it while you can, as long as you cause no harm to loved ones.

4 Likes

The ā€œcurse of the 606sā€ continues here, too. Iā€™m currently in hospital with my Dad, who was taken in with a suspected heart attack last night. At least itā€™s taken all attention away from what I understand was a pretty poor performance by England! Ah wellā€¦ may I wish all of you, ill and in good health the very best, whatever cables you use :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, there are a few of us here who have had reminders of their mortality, something to do with our average age and improving medical outcomes.
Whatā€™s also alarming is how damned fast time passes as a year becomes an increasingly smaller fraction of your life.

6 Likes

Thanks for that Dave, Iā€™ve no need to watch the recording now.

Sorry!

You really havenā€™t missed too much.

RUH Bath?

Harry , yes it was the RUH Bath.

Congratulations on the result and best wishes.

Itā€™s good to know that the Oncologists are capable. Unfortunately, one never knows when they might be needed.

The Cardiologists and supporting staff at RUH saved my life five years ago. So thatā€™s another department you can trust.

P.S. Hope the speakers are running in nicely.

2 Likes

Indeed not NigelB :thinking:

Ah, the RUH. I had to go in a few years ago to have an abscess drained following an insect bite in India. I had all the usual pre-admission screening where the swabs wer clear. However, when I came out Iā€™d contracted MRSA! Through the course of the whole saga I tried no less than 13 different antibiotics!

Back on thread, Iā€™m sure if I open the window I can hear @pcdā€™s 606s!

Ouch!

You are on the wrong side of Bath. I think you fancy those Sopra 3s you heard at the Factory Visit. Black would vanish into the black wall, so as HH would say the sound detaches from the speakers to fill the room.

Phil

They are so pig ugly theyā€™d need to vanish. Having them in the garden would be even better.

1 Like

Erā€¦ why on earth would I want Sopra 3s when I have proper Naim loudspeakers?!

3 Likes

Having them in the garden would be even better.

ā€¦are they water proof? :fish::tropical_fish::blowfish: