Kudos Titan 707 v Naim SL2

My wallet would snap never mind stretch. 707s are the limit for me right now.

1 Like

They are supposed to be rubbish compared to 505s or 606s. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like they need a mk2 version then or just drop them from the range completely! :grinning:

Do you intend to demo the 707s at home?

Aye. Fingers crossed, they’ll work out ok.

1 Like

Good man. Hope it goes well :+1:

1 Like

Good luck, and let us know how the 707s sound in your room. You certainly have the system to drive them well.

1 Like

Hi RackKit, just a thought if your room is small/medium sized you could try the Signature version of the Russell K 150 speakers. They are very good and like the SL2s very clean and very integrated in their sound. ATB Peter

1 Like

I have same system as you in a medium room. I had PMC Fact 12 but they were just too much so I tried Titan 606 and they are just perfect in my room. Bass is detailed and well controlled, lovely mid and treble. I really have no wish to tinker further apart from perhaps some cables in the future,

1 Like

Saw a piano black pair in Signals last week……i did not recognise them they looked rather classy👍

1 Like

I have recently added icing on the cake with a pair of Townshend Seismic Podium under Titan 606 and am delighted with the result. Larger sound stage and more precise location of voices and instruments. Well worth the money.

3 Likes

Where did you find the Podiums? I have emailed Max a number of times asking where I can try them, but have received no reply.

Hi Clive, have you tried calling them, as I believe his wife is on reception? It’s a great product btw. :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

I ordered them from HI-FI House on the bay with a large discount on the RPP. They also come with a 30-day return policy but I would be surprised if you send them back.

3 Likes

Thanks, Phil. One of the issues I have is that the mass of the NBLs falls right on the border between two load cell values, so I wanted to speak with a dealer and try at home. However, it seems I just ought to call by phone as @PeterR suggested.

You are right, Max will be able to guide you appropriately. Whichever load cell value is recommended, I am sure you will not be disappointed with the result.

Where the speaker weight crosses between two load cells, you should pick the higher one. This is the advice from Townshend Audio. Also note, that it is not just the weight of the speaker, but you should add the weight of the podium plate (what the speaker sits on), to the total weight to be taken by the load cell.
[/quote]

1 Like

Yes, that was it. Thanks for reminding me - I was trying to find the mass of the Podium plate in order to determine the right load cell, but couldn’t find that information.

Does anyone know why Kudos specify a SNAXO 362 with the 707?
Extracted from the “connection guide” on the Kudos website:

If you look on the MCRU website, you should find the information you are looking for.

1 Like