Lifting Technique

Excuse the n00b question here, but…

Where in the manual do Naim explain the proper lifting technique for the equipment? :weight_lifting_man:

I’m worried I’m not doing it right. :cold_sweat:
Some of this stuff is heavy and I’m hoping someone can point me at a page number. :mag:

1 Like

For clarity: I’m trying to stack my streamer on top of my 552 on top of a non-fraim rack. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@HungryHalibut I think you are the best person to help here Nigel! :grinning:

1 Like

I don not think they do.

Firm grip, keep it level - would be my suggestion.

Generally, most of the weight is to the right, where the transformers are.

3 Likes

Stick your butt out.
Squat.
Secure said component
Lift

I imagine that’s what my HSE practioner will advice

OR

get your dealer to throw his back while you film him doing it

2 Likes

It’s on page 42.

4 Likes

I still cannot find it. Neither of my manuals even have a page 42? :confused:

I use the Samurai warrior vocal technique.
Engaging the tensions building up in the muscle groups needed along with a deep lung “ooooooh” vocalisation. With a sharp “su” outburst coinciding with the lift.
This helps me to focus my energies.

5 Likes

And to show you just how hard I’m looking for it, I’ve even enlisted Ron Carter’s help.

1 Like

I’m trying this now: twist and jerk.

…All the power comes from the lower back :melting_face:

You’ve got the idea. :wink:

1 Like

Always be mindful of your abilities.
You’re not going to get a medal for being a hero by doing it on your own. Get someone to help you and avoid extra costs with chiropractic appointments.

1 Like

Sage advice.

Still can’t find the info on page 42 in any manual. I’ve read em all, too. @HungryHalibut perhaps you could paste a screen shot of what you’re referencing.

1 Like

Down in the knees.

Keep a straight back.

And a straight face.

(And get a friend to help.)

1 Like

A good start

1 Like

Found page 42 for you;

7 Likes

Good dealers provide manual handling training for Naim owners. I have a certificate and a free risk assessment manual.

1 Like

Not forgetting to keep your back straight and use the muscle leavers in arms and legs to lift objects

:crazy_face:

1 Like

When I home demo’d a vitus 101 mk2 I had to get help from my neighbour to get it from the car to the equipment table (and back again). It’s getting on for 40kg, so definitely a two person lift in my book. A (albeit small) tick in the minus column when comparing it with my 52/300… It sounded good though.

1 Like

I think HH is making a humerous reference to Douglas Adams ‘Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’ where the answer to ‘life, the world & the universe’ (or something like that), is 42.

I don’t think he was being serious.

2 Likes