LISTENING EXPERIENCE for linear ps and switches

The audiostore website seemed to me all over the place, so i ordered direct from Uptone. They are shipping the next batch on Oct 29th…so perhaps early November. Last look at Audiostore from one day they had 20 in stock and more due Oct 26…to nothing and none due. Doing it direct will be slightly cheaper…by about £50.

1 Like

Cheers Gazza. When you get the ER presumably you will borrow the Plixir PS for evaluation from our friends in Suffolk?

Hi Gazza, didn’t found the response. However I guess they matched the best the specs of the ER, which are:

DC power input range — 7V/1.4A, 9V/1.0A, 12V/0.8A

DC jack size — 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center-positive.

1 Like

I can also testify that the ps is between cold and warm. So is easily powering the ER switch. The Uptone Lps 1.2 was very hot.
And the DC3, you have not chosen that one , as Midnightrambler and Michael ?
@Jimdog has ordered one too.

1 Like

Yep, will do.

I am still deciding as i have to wait for my ER fir a few more weeks…all part of the fun.

1 Like

My heavily customised DC3 arrives tomorrow! The regular old version was wonderful, so wonderful I stopped ripping CD’s as I would have to revert the P/S to the D100!

Looking forward to seeing what its like!

One step beyond… with the ER.
ER = +
ER + lps 1.2= ++
ER + mcru= +++
And now… ER + mcru + clock + lps1.2 = ?

I have a clock coming on Thursday…Can’t wait to hear what it does!

What clock have you ordered?

Mutec? Very curious on your next findings Nestor.

Supposed to be pretty good according to those on the Uptone site, where dud you buy and how much dud it cost please, if you do not mind…i am tempted in the long run.

Less than 100$ on Aliexpress. Waiting to get the bnc cable which I had assumed was included and wasn’t. Let me see what it does…

Thats an excellent price compared to some i have browsed…look forward to your review. All the best👍

Also look forward to your findings. Are they all square wave 75 Ohm outputs?

Found the specs of that clock. Curious if it can better the tcxo clock inside the ER.

10MHz Frequency Standard OCXO Crystal Oscillator Frequency Standard Adjustable 10K-180M

Product Details:

• Name: Adjustable OCXO Frequency Standard
  • Model No.: ADJ-OCXO-LCD-STD
  • Power Supply: DC11.7-12.9V, <=18W
  • Output Wave, Power: 2 Channel Programmable, Square Wave, Amplitude 3.3Vpp; 1 Channel 10MHz, square wave, Amplitude 3.3Vpp
  • Adjustable Frequency Range/Step: 10K-180MHz/Step 10Hz
  • Output Interface: power supply: 5.5/2.1 socket; signal output: BNC port; program interface: 3.5mm stereo socket
  • Indicators:
    ALM: Alarm Light. Always on: means frequency out of range; Flash: means PLL is unlocked;
    PWR: Power Indicator. When it is on, it means there is power supply.
  • Size: 107 x 55 x 172 mm (Including BNC Connector)

Package Included:

• 1 x OCXO Frequency Standard
  • 1 x Power Adapter AC 110-220V
  • 1 x Program Cable

Some elsewhere have discovered the Buffalo BS GS2016 switch. It’s apparently a big bargain and sounds very good.
Melco and Buffalo are the same company.
The Melco S100 ( 2k) and the Buffalo ( 100 dollars), look very similar.

4 Likes

They do don’t they, even down to the silk screened PCB No.

Sorry, can’t understand. You say there are differences?

Hi FR,
No, Roog is agreeing that they look almost identical. They certainly look it!

2 Likes