LISTENING EXPERIENCE for linear ps and switches

You don’t need to sell it . With Uptone you have 14 days trial and return possibility. You pay just the shipping return.

Ahh ok thanks… I didn’t see that mentioned from the UK distributor.

1 Like

Simon,
If you call Martin Smith, he is very flexible when it comes to trial demos. My experience with Audiostore’s service and support has been wholly positive.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Under UK law you have the ‘right to cancel’ for 14 days for any purchase of an item you were not able to see before purchase. So any online/mail order/phone purchase. Any online retailer will be aware of this, and I’m sure most are happy enough to comply - it feeds nicely into the home demo requirement for audio gear.

I’m definitely feeling compelled to at least try an ER. Just need to try to source myself a home demo somehow.

They’re available on sale or return, but you can borrow one of mine for a few days if you like.

3 Likes

That’s extremely kind of you Michael. I’ll drop you an email shortly.
All the best,
Kevin

Oh mine is wired in… in my setup it’s is marginal, but has caused a different audio signature.
I’ll see how it evolves, if at all, over the coming days.

Did you use a RJ45 port or the SFP ?

Using Twisted pair as I am using my NDX2.
I haven’t used a RJ45 SFP, as there is a built in RJ45 port available.

Perhaps my question was unclear/accurate. Sorry for that.

Is your setup like :

[Home_Network]----(fiber)----[ER]—(twisted_pairs)—[NDX2]

or like so :

[Home_Network]----(twisted_pairs)----[ER]—(twisted_pairs)—[NDX2]

Currently I use twisted pair connections at home, no fibre.

I tried both setups. It made a slight difference. My preference going for the fiber option.

So many threads and posts on switches it was hard to know which to post to…

Huge thanks to @Michaelb for his very kind loan of an ER switch for the past couple of days. I’ve just returned it to him and listening again this evening to my Cisco I have very strong withdrawal symptoms.
I really wasn’t expecting too much and certainly not such a fundamental change in the quality of music reproduction tbh, but fundamental is the effect the ER had in my system. Significantly lowered noise floor, much greater solidity and richness. I was hoping there wouldn’t be a price to be paid in emotion or ‘speed’ as a trade off, but happily, even these aspects are improved. No brainer in my system. I’ll be buying one ASAP.

10 Likes

Michaelb is one of the best on here, he should get commision.

2 Likes

You have beautifully captured the essence of the improvement we heard too. We didn’t have to wait 300 hours for burn in either; it took five notes of the first track.

Happy days! BF

Thanks BF. Run in wasn’t an issue for me as Michael’s unit is long since run in, though it did sound even better after settling in here for 24 hours or so. It sounded maybe a little dark and slightly plummy at first listen, but soon settled (or my perceptions did).
I’ve just bought one from Martin Smith at Audiostore and will be able to do a masked, drive-by, through the car window collection of it from him today as we are fairly local to Tunbridge Wells. Hopefully, burn in won’t be too long or irksome :blush:

3 Likes

Yes, straight from the box cold, i knew it was a great upgrade. Nice of Michael to take the hassle out of trying. If you are in no rush cheaper to buy from the manufacturer…next batch released in November 24th, it is much cheaper. Sorry did not see your post, best of luck.

Glad to hear you’ve managed to get hold of one so soon :grinning: Enjoy!

Indeed! Thanks again Michael. You were right about the Powerline being being worthwhile too… the cost just almost doubled already ! :wink: