LISTENING EXPERIENCE for linear ps and switches

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster,.This is an english Furutech-plug in the picture.
Do you think that when you have time,.can take a picture of your Furutech-plug.
They are more comparable to the Swedish models.

/PederšŸ™‚

Itā€™s actually a UK Furutech-plug.

Iā€™m not sure how the sound quality compares with that of a French/German plug, but there usually is a difference.

See on that pic. As Don said, I have shuko plugs, furutech too.

1 Like

Chord have no connection to The English Electric Company, other than having bought what became a defunct/lost name Resulting from the decline & ultimate demise of EE, and subsequent mergers into companies such as British Aircraft Company, International computers Limited, and General Electric Company

I believe Chord the cable manufacturer brand the switch under EE. Nothing to do with Chord electronics, makers of streamers.

1 Like

Canā€™t do better than that

:small_blue_diamond:If itā€™s the same model-designation,.it should be the same soundquality.
But then you also have the fuse in your Furutech-plug,.that we donā€™t have.

So some difference in soundquality it should be.

/PederšŸ™‚

1 Like

Are we talking the Chord cable company? My understanding is that they developed it and resurrected the EE name to brand it as an electronic rather than cable product to avoid any confusion with Chord the DAC and Amp company of Hugo etc fame.

Is that not correct?

3 Likes

If you look at the website, the EE address is Chord at Millsway Centre, Amesbury,

My question is who designed it and who/whereā€™s it made. Anyone have any clues?

That is correct.

I read itā€™s designed in uk and made in China

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Itā€™s correct,.Chord Cable Company did thisā€¦launched 8Switch under the name English Electric.
This to not be confused with Chord Electronics (Mojo,Hugo,Dave etc).

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

Resurrecting in this case means they ā€œbought or or otherwise acquiredā€ the trademark from whomsoever was the trademark owner.

Indeed, they said as much during the demo at the Bristol show in those heady days before the Big C19!

Their most famous product was probably this:

The Lightning, a Mach2 fighter dating back to the mid 1950s.

So it is quite a name! (But that of course means nothing.)

Apologies FR for the gratuitous photo thread drift.

6 Likes

I wonder if the choice of english electric is not to hide that itā€™s made in China.
But it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s bad. Just advertising image.

Letā€™s say itā€™s because we reached 75 posts.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster,.I canā€™t see the model-designation on your picture.
Can you look at your Furutech-plug,.which model it is.

/PederšŸ™‚

Iā€™d say so. I wonā€™t be buying any products from China if I donā€™t need to.

I prefer personally my Etheregen, hand made entirely by Uptone USA.
And MCRU entirely made and custom made in UK.

1 Like

Its just the use of a defunct name, it happens all the time these days.
As for made in China, a lot of old European brand names are used in China, the old classic UK car brand MG, Morris Garages, the MG name only, is now made by the state owned SAIC Motor in Shanghai