Logo Lights

I’d much prefer if the logos didn’t bleed or were user-exchangeable. Don’t fancy sending my 2nd hand SuperLine across Germany for that and it hasn’t been easy to get a price out of MusicLine for just the logo fix to begin with. But would prefer if it looked as nice as the new stuff

I have a ca. 2018 SCDR that is noticably dimmer than my other boxes (252, SL, NDX2, 300 DR/PS, XPSDR, and a slightly older SCDR).

I asked my dealer about getting it ‘fixed’ to more closely match my other 7 boxes. In the end I didn’t get a straight answer, other than it’s not so straigtforward and it would be best to return it to Focal-Naim N.A. I’m rather disappointed and gave up. I live with it, but notice it every time I go into the room to play music. :frowning:

I’ve noticed that with my classic components the logos are dimmer than my entry level components are, although they all illuminate with the same amount of brightness as per set(s).

In the past when i’ve sent units off for service, Naim have automatically fitted new logos. I could never really tell the difference from old to new to be fair, although it was comforting to know that Naim go that extra mile in making sure my units are functioning like new again. Sometimes even the packaging is renewed also. It’s like an old component being re-born again. Marvellous stuff :grinning:

Note that there will always be some variance in brightness - some models are slightly brighter than others and then there’s a tolerance for the logos themselves.

1 Like

Maybe yours were just dimmer. If there had been logo bleed, you certainly would have seen the difference

1 Like

Ah yes, i’ve just done a search and found this - Naim Logo Bleed - i can’t say if i’ve ever experienced this myself. I’ve just checked mine and all looks to be in good health for now. Phew! Many thanks.

There are 2 separate, unrelated potential problems here… I think… :thinking:

The variation is the brightness of Olive Logos. Just something they do…

The bleeding of Black logos. As already said - often fixed Free Of Charge… (the one on my CDX2 was done, as part of my buying it, pre-loved)

The logo on my old CD5i bled so I sent it back to Salisbury for a replacement. Not only was it done for free (despite being well outside warranty) but they gave the casework and interior a spit and polish too. Can’t say it sounded better, but it looked better and I appreciated them doing a bit extra for free.

Mark

1 Like

That one is even somewhat lucky because the bleed is to the left of the logotype, mine goes right through it :unamused:

Oh no, maybe your dealer can have it replaced for you? Not a first world problem i know, but this hobby can really bring out the OCD in people, including myself here. I’ve never really paid much attention to the logos, until now… :thinking:

1 Like

Apparently it would have to go to MusicLine (distributor) and my dealer contacted them to ask whether they can exchange only the logo, because I’m not going to pay the full service price for the SuperLine just to get the logo fixed (and MusicLine said a service is not necessary). However I have not received an answer yet although it’s been a while. Even if they do it, I am torn about shipping it across the country for this. As it’s a common condition it would be best if the customer could simply pop it out from the front, but alas. First world problem for sure, but it’s a sore thumb among the 6 other logos

If you call MusicLine direct, they can give you the prices on the phone. They are very helpful and the prices are what you will have to pay your dealer, except for a small handling fee.

When I bought my 10 year old 282 I noticed the logo was bleeding/ poorly illuminated. Dealer spoke to naim and it was replaced for free. So we’ll done to naim for that.
Sitting next to it are 2 HCDRs from 2019. Whilst not bleeding, both are a different brightness from each other and the 282. Not exactly the end of the world though.

Thanks. I had enough ongoing business with my dealer, so that was just one of the remaining things. I also know that they did ask ML but after a few weeks still had no answer. I’ve been busy with other things so didn’t follow up recently, maybe they have an answer by now - I will know soon enough and there’s no rush. Just a bit annoying that it’s happening at all and needs my attention

All my classic kit is in for service at the Dutch distributor right now. Every box has a bleeding logo.

With the 282 - Hi - 200 the logos get replaced as part of the standard service. There is no standard (recap) service for the CDX2 so replacing the logo is 70-80 euro’s. That’s fair and fine by me. This is my first round of service ever and the experience is perfect so far. :ok_hand:t2:

That’s interesting, the bit about logos being replaced at service.
I can see why, but that doesn’t happen in the UK.

I’m sure they get replaced if they’re suffering from bleed.

1 Like

I should have been more specific. I use Class A. Albeit so far only my 72/hc/140 has been to Sheffield.

I have only ever had 1 logo replaced. This was on my CDX2. The ‘bleeding’ problem had already been noted by @Cymbiosis , who were selling the unit, pre-loved. It was replaced, before I bought it. Been fine ever since… :grinning:

1 Like

If left to bleed I take it there’s no chance of internal leakage into the casing etc?

Assume bleed does not refer to a liquid escaping its intended location?