London and UK Jazz Scene - recommendations and discoveries

1 Like

Bryony Jarman-Pinto announces her second studio album “Below Dawn” (Friday 10th May) with the split single “Feel Those Things / Riverside”. The album is produced by Ben Lamdin, aka label-mate Nostalgia 77, whose credits include writing and producing for artists such as Jamie Cullum, Alice Russell, and Jeb Loy Nichols

Discovered her on Bandcamp recently. Very nice voice and original tunes.

2 Likes

Hypnotic track « in rhythm « .2016

1 Like

Liking this a lot

1 Like

Happy that you like it :smile:

I wish she had asked me to produce the album. I agree she is very good indeed. But cut the first minute off the first track.

I have re sequenced the tracks putting the Xanadus together. I might try to remove the initial vocals from the first track.

1 Like

Nice to read your comments @AndyP :+1: she is very young indeed and very talented, she will find her way to show her skills and style.

1 Like

Should be good, as the track available.

2 Likes

Sean Khan Presents The Modern Folk & Jazz Ensemble

Over here the LP will be released on 24/05 and I am looking forward to it! :blush:

His last record was fantastic, a 3LP set called Supreme Love: A Journey Through Coltrane, a real good interpretation of a masterpiece album, absolutely worth a listen

2 Likes

I am impatient for that one. Shame they are announced so early and then you have to wait.

1 Like

2 tracts available. Pre order.

1 Like

You are right, they postponed the release date, I can’t wait for it :+1:

1 Like

If you like soul/ rhythm blues, here a talented artist from UK. It’s between jazz vocal and rhythm and blues.
Album from 2012.

1 Like

The Sound of London.

2 Likes

IMG_3001
This mesmerising studio session was recorded during a live performance at Antonio Feola’s beloved Fish Factory Studios in London, in August 2022. The ensemble that enchanted listeners on “Dolphin” reassembles, featuring the talents of Greg Foat, Gigi Masin, Moses Boyd on drums, and Tom Herbert on bass.

Within this ambient, somewhat Balearic journey, you’ll find alternate renditions of Masin’s poignant tribute to his late wife, ‘Sabena,’ and the atmospheric ‘Viento Calido,’ both of which graced the original “Dolphin” release. In addition, the album introduces two fresh compositions: the uplifting ‘Jubilation’ and the extended freestyle opus ‘Three Piece Suite,’ representing some of the most inspired recordings from their collaboration to date.

4 Likes

Strangely this album is available on pre order on lp but I can’t find it as download, neither on Bandcamp, neither Qobuz.

1 Like

Yes - thanks, that’s a great recommendation!

Really enjoying it.

4 Likes

Look up
Liz Fletcher great jazz singer round the London area and beyond,

1 Like

City Swamp - Jack Long

Bandcamp suggested this one, and I was rather pleased that it did.

1 Like

Specially for the track « opaque eyes « .

1 Like