Lounge?

“Lounge” was the name of a really rubbish magazine I launched (and edited) for Bauer when I was working on new title development for them about 20 years ago. They put a huge amount of money behind it, but sales fell off a cliff after a couple of issues. They lost several hundred thousand pounds, closed the mag and I got the boot! :rofl:

3 Likes

The Salon.

I’m not taking this seriously by the way.

2 Likes

‘Down The Rabbit Hole’ ?

It all bodes well then…

3 Likes

Parlour …

1 Like

Currently listening to Let it be.
Oops sorry wrong thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another forum used to have The Wam Arms with a public bar and pub car park, in the latter anything went. @Polarbear and @JonR will remember it well! On the same theme how about The House Of The Rising Sun?

1 Like

Or The Other Place? Better than Lounge anyway.

1 Like

The Pits.

The Lounge

Well, some of us do have reservations about the new name.:innocent:

Didn’t they actually call it “The Public Bar”? I seem to recall it was a place where a fair few potshots were aimed and some choice words used…! :wink:

How about ‘The Sauna’? An appropriate place for hot air and steam

2 Likes

True but this is the lounge
e356-4467-4db0-89c2-dcfe67913ae7

Certainly lots of choice words Jon. The section was called The Wam Arms and it contained the Public Bar (reasonably civilised by WW standards) and then the Pub Car Park where anything went, most of the controversy started by or more often involving the Forum owner!

1 Like

Seeing the naim change here to ‘Lounge’ was a surprise, and it does suggest another venue where we can all relax and converse on non hifi subjects.

Certainly it is a much better title than Off Topic which has implications of both negativity and divergence in the first word.

Quite popular here

5 Likes

Landing!

You’d also need to know what the topic was to avoid discussing it in the wrong place :wink:

2 Likes