Love my system but always something is missing

It was a joke, well, rather an irony, because, depending on what their interests are, a dealer who manages to sell more than 80K of electronics without going directly to the root of the problem, without solving and improving the most basic but cheaper also, is a whole crack. Very competent, but taking the money out of the ingenuity and expectations of its poor customers.

But I agree with you, it departs from the OP content and does not help Mani at all, who, in my view, with 4 very cheap things and speakers a little more in keeping with the rest of the chain, he spends it overnight…

Cheers.

1 Like

Right… agree

No, they are absolutely not a limiting factor. The OP’s issue doesn’t need money throwing at it, other than a new Fraim base and some speaker grilles, but scrupulous attention to setup. And dedicated mains, if that’s not already in place.

1 Like

i am not sure. 272/ 555dr / 300dr is not 552dr/500dr/ Nd555/ Melco N10…The last is much much more resolving.
The owners of Meni system have generally Ovators S800, Magico , Kudos 808, not SL2.

Ask @KenC with his active 500s, or Richard with his 552 etc. It’s not all about money.

2 Likes

i will not say i am right. You can have very good results probably with that system and SL2. However still much better with something as Kudos 808 or Magico S1. It’s not the same level.

If Meni improves the set up as many here have advised, he will still know if he wants or not to improve the speakers. Because i don’t see anything else ( apart the powerblock) to improve.

1 Like

Have you actually compared the SL2 and Magico S1, to enable you to speak with such authority? Have you ever heard the SL2?

1 Like

yes. Not my cup of tea. For me the sound was too forward and lacking refinement and nuances. If you think that Magico and top Kudos or Tad or Sonus Faber Cremonese or BW D3 are on the same level as SL2, we are completely disagreeing.

I’ve not heard any of the speakers you have mentioned, other than the Naim S800, so I have no view, other than that I’d take SL2s in preference to the S800.

i heard one year ago the SL1. The scale, authority, disappearing, energy, details, bass …with only 252/ 300, was dramatic. Nothing common with the Sl2 i heard some years ago at the same place ( 282/ 250 non dr if i remember well). It’s completely another world!

However i didn’t like the Magicos for the signature color of their sound: too analytical.

the S800 need a lot of space. I didn’t heard them but heard many times some talking about them, vs S600, DBL, SBl…

Whatever. It’s not really helping the OP.

1 Like

… therefore: good luck, OP! It would be nice if you let us know when you have any progress.

And Focal

Nothing wrong with SL2s if they were made today they would probably sell for around ÂŁ8K

1 Like

My room is about 18 square meters,not sure it will fit speakers like kodus 808 or ovator 800 focal Evo scale

:small_blue_diamond:@anon4489532,…You are absolutely right,.it’s all about…

The installation,.and all the good advice that many gave here.
:black_small_square:Start changing speakers,.Absolutely Not.!

If you are “Attention To Detail” here,.your system should start singing so you get tears in your eyes.

• But one question:
Has not Naim Salisbury,.after so many years in the industry.
A document on how to install their music-system,.to give the customers through their dealers.?

It would be very helpful to many,perhaps @Richard.Dane has some information about this.?

/Peder🙂

There is nothing wrong with SL2s but I would agree with FR that thy are a limiting factor in the context of the OP’s system. I used SL2s for 6 years and enjoyed them most of the time (they were very temperamental). The change to Ovator 600s was a significant upgrade for me. Both sets of speakers were/are active.

I have a friend with nd555, 552 and 500 into B&W 802d3. I prefer my SL2s (nd555, 552 and a pair of 300s active). In fact my system is what Jason of Naim had until he upgraded to kudos 707s recently. So I am with Peder and HH. The big question is can the OP get some help with setup. There are UK dealers who will travel overseas to do this (mostly with Lp12s but no doubt it could be arranged) but it won’t be cheap. Get some other naim owners involved and the cost could be shared I guess but I wouldn’t really know what to do myself without a good dealer to help

1 Like

Sl2 are still good speakers my set up is not good enough so I need 2 fraims and taking out the box between my speakers… that’s most important

1 Like