More money than sense? Not any more

You’re all heart :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a service that I offer :blush:

Thank you. Yes, my search threw up the Cymbiosis connection.

Have a look at the Solid Sounds plinths, they’re beautifully made - not that I’m trying to persuade you to change!

Linn’s own plinths are looking a bit ‘old hat’ these days, compared to what else is ‘out there’ from independent craftspeople (despite Chris Harban in the US withdrawing from the LP12 market). I wonder if Linn will do anything to change that?

2 Likes

@TimOopNorth S1 in place, setup and ready for action, Santa :santa: came early this year :grinning:

1 Like

I can well imagine!

1 Like

Congratulations Tim.

Christmas come early eh! Well done. I suspect we won’t see any more posts from you until Easter!!!

1 Like

Nice one tim, enjoy.
I was almost tempted by pete as well with a S1, but obviously went vivaldi instead.

Hope you are enjoying that as much as I am enjoying this!

1 Like

Congratulations Tim, ‘‘twas only a year ago you had the speakers if I remember correctly, and then the naughty Pete persuaded you to try a 500. You were an active man until then. Enjoy.

Phil

1 Like

You’ve got to feel sorry for poor Rudolph having to hump an S1 all the way from the North Pole on Santa’s sleigh. I’m rather surprised that it didn’t drop off.

3 Likes

O yes the vivaldi apex pair is something everyone should treat themselves too lol.
But seriously it really is very special, also going to try it direct into the 500dr over Christmas as one off the dCS guys i spoke to at an event and is an x naim employee told me to give it a go as he was very confident i would not put the 552dr back in.
Told him i need it for Turntable and cassette and was told we can work that in, anyway going to try it.

So enjoy your Christmas listening to all your old music and hearing new stuff in it, as thats what i have been doing all again like i also did when i first went with the rossini.
Cheers dunc

1 Like

Well atleast the shape of the s1 means it goes down the chimney easier lol

Yes, but it will probably smash the bricks in the hearth, unless it’s lowered down carefully with a stout rope!

Seriously, I’m very envious. I’ve never heard one, but I’m sure that it’s very special.

Not that I want in any way to move away from my 135s and 250.

1 Like

Two years would you believe it? Actually two years yesterday!

1 Like

Very sensible of you :smiley: I am throughly enjoying it at the moment

Santa must have been body building - I can barely move the carrying trunk without the s1 in. And it’s massive - am sure I have had smaller fridge freezers. It has had to go in the garage as too big for the loft.

1 Like

Burn it tim as its never going back in it, help save on heating costs.

Nah - need to keep it so that when I am dead my wife can flog all the hifi for more money and have a comfortable retirement! :smiley:

1 Like

Santa is actually quite a big chap. I know this, because I saw him on Channel 4 at the week-end in those two lovely Raymond Briggs cartoons.

He probably takes fridge freezers to some homes as Christmas presents, so I reckon that he could take an amp, even a big Naim one, in his stride.

1 Like

Just for a second i thought you was going to say " the misses can put me in it"

1 Like

Also tim the misses will sell it all for the £3000 you have told her it all cost, ha ha.

6 Likes