More Power, Coming Soon

Here’s the Nova, looks very much like a Nova+ 8)

2 Likes

it will be a new uniti then

1 Like

Could be the expected CI-Uniti-102 (there is even a “blocked” webpage on the naim website with this product name).

Focal and Naim are also participating at ISE 2024 next week, which is are relevant for Custom Installation equipment. So we should probably learn soon how this will pan out!

My money would be on a new Uniti (Nova) with more power, and perhaps a downgraded NC250 amplifier stage.

Although, I do hope it’s actually a matching power amp for the Atom HE. That would make lovely compact ‘100 Series’ intro to the pre / power world.

3 Likes

Has anyone counted the number of fins to extrapolate the depth and height? Odds are the fins will be the same size as the other current models.

1 Like

What’s that you ask?

1 Like

My money is on a new top of the range Uniti, sitting above the Nova.

3 Likes

The plot thickens! Naim are going to be at “Integrated Systems Europe” - whatever that is. But the Bluetooth related speculation on the CI 102 nomenclature might mean a couple of new products to natter about :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a boat isn’t it ?

Based in Barcelona , Integrated Systems Europe ranks among the leading professional Audio Video and systems integrations meeting platforms.

It’s Focals playground for people that need big boats and many bottles of champagne. Investor friends.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder … is there a need for such a thing?

These big yachts are hugely polluting; the sort of thing Michelle Mone likes to show off on. I’m not sure ‘Naim for Global Warming’ is particularly Instagrammable though.

16 Likes

There’s probably not a need for anything Naim make, is there? Lot’s of people have been asking for a higher spec integrated though, My guess is, Naim have listened.

Big yacht pollution is literally a drop in the ocean. Jumping on that is like jumping on private jets, which represent 2% of the total emissions of the aviation sector in the US - which is only 9% of total US carbon emissions.

Let’s tackle the coal-burning energy situation in China and India and all the guys driving scooters in the medina in Morocco first.

The billionaires should have fun on their yachts with high-priced Focal / Naim gear that subsidises production of the stuff we buy. Let them worry about the supermodels and vintage Champagne and we’ll worry about the next New Classic release.

6 Likes

I saw the teaser on my FB timeline this morning.

The only thing I even want now is another Superline (for my second tonearm). There is nothing new that is likely to interest me.

I cannot agree. If the top earning 0.1% of the population owns 90% of the world’s wealth (or whatever the statistic is) you can be sure that those figures apply just as much to carbon emissions as they do to earnings.

8 Likes

Nope. I can’t begin to explain how incorrect that supposition is.

3 Likes

Sorry are you saying the top 0.1% are responsible for 90% of carbon emissions?

Can you clarify then
I would love to hear your views ?
As you say the billionaires should have fun on their show of wealth super yachts
How repugnent if they couldn’t

that’s exactly what he’s saying