More Power, Coming Soon

The plot thickens! Naim are going to be at “Integrated Systems Europe” - whatever that is. But the Bluetooth related speculation on the CI 102 nomenclature might mean a couple of new products to natter about :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a boat isn’t it ?

Based in Barcelona , Integrated Systems Europe ranks among the leading professional Audio Video and systems integrations meeting platforms.

It’s Focals playground for people that need big boats and many bottles of champagne. Investor friends.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder … is there a need for such a thing?

These big yachts are hugely polluting; the sort of thing Michelle Mone likes to show off on. I’m not sure ‘Naim for Global Warming’ is particularly Instagrammable though.

16 Likes

There’s probably not a need for anything Naim make, is there? Lot’s of people have been asking for a higher spec integrated though, My guess is, Naim have listened.

Big yacht pollution is literally a drop in the ocean. Jumping on that is like jumping on private jets, which represent 2% of the total emissions of the aviation sector in the US - which is only 9% of total US carbon emissions.

Let’s tackle the coal-burning energy situation in China and India and all the guys driving scooters in the medina in Morocco first.

The billionaires should have fun on their yachts with high-priced Focal / Naim gear that subsidises production of the stuff we buy. Let them worry about the supermodels and vintage Champagne and we’ll worry about the next New Classic release.

6 Likes

I saw the teaser on my FB timeline this morning.

The only thing I even want now is another Superline (for my second tonearm). There is nothing new that is likely to interest me.

I cannot agree. If the top earning 0.1% of the population owns 90% of the world’s wealth (or whatever the statistic is) you can be sure that those figures apply just as much to carbon emissions as they do to earnings.

8 Likes

Nope. I can’t begin to explain how incorrect that supposition is.

3 Likes

Sorry are you saying the top 0.1% are responsible for 90% of carbon emissions?

Can you clarify then
I would love to hear your views ?
As you say the billionaires should have fun on their show of wealth super yachts
How repugnent if they couldn’t

that’s exactly what he’s saying

Pretty certain it’s the SuperNova I’ve been expecting, more watts for marketing, maybe a phono stage, size of the new classic boxes. Could well replace the SN3 and ND5 XS2.

When is the release date?

1 Like

I digress though. This is a thread about a new product offering. I just take offence when people spout off with conjecture and a lack of basic factual understanding.

Back to the number and depth of the fins!!!

BTW - @robert_h …You keep up that level of interrogation and you’ll be working for the CIA or GCHQ before you know it :grinning:

2 Likes

Interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

The price of the SN3 is going up next week so I doubt they’d do that and then announce a replacement?!

Edit … sorry, completely misread your post, ignore me :crazy_face:

The dealers must know but they are not dropping any hints apart from interesting :joy:

1 Like

The developed Western countries exported much of their industry to the developing economies and did it to get bargain basement prices. It is no wonder that these economies copied us and went for coal-powered power stations first because they were cheap. If we in the affluent countries of the world weren’t buying the raw materials, components and finished products from China and India, they wouldn’t need all these power stations using coal.

You are right that yachts and private jets don’t contribute massively compared to other sources of C02 etc., however, they demonstrate that many people who have inherited massive wealth or are at the top of the corporate tree get paid outrageously large sums. They usually have disproportionately large carbon footprints whilst many of the people who work in the companies they own or manage are struggling to heat or cool their homes and generally make ends meet.

2 Likes

It’s very lazy to point the finger at developing nations, but the very wealthy are disproportionately large polluters. These morons should not be having fun in their yachts while countries disappear beneath the waves. Those with the broadest shoulders need to contribute a larger share. It’s obvious really.

8 Likes