Mu-so & Mu-so Qb 1st Gen - Firmware 2.0.0 update - problem

Yes! Thank you, Clare! Love Naim and the support!

1 Like

Hi Clare, latest update
When first powered up it gets to 9 bars lit then stops, the app on the phone wonā€™t find the Mu-So
Then after 5 or so minutes it goes to 12 bars lit and the apps sees the mu-so but says it is not responding and then again after another 10 or 15 min the update option is shown - start that, it downloads the update to the phone but then tries to get the Mu-So to enter update mode it fails with ā€œError - Update Errorā€.
Using the pin button makes no visible difference i.e. nothing happens even if pressed for a minute
Light is Blue
Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for update and sorry youā€™re still having issues. Can you please email or call our Support team, with a link to this thread so they can see all the background? They are here to help.
support@naimaudio.com or +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hi Clare / David,

After a few fraught hours with my head in my hands and and my son gleefully telling me that I had ā€˜bricked itā€™ the QB1 has now been succesfully updated.

After a few failed attempts leaving it for the 2 hours seemed to clear up the old state.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
Tremly

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just updated Mu-so QB 1st gen located in the bedroom from the living room, took ten minutes, no cup of tea required, no issues.

1 Like

Thank you @Naim.Marketing.

Followed the guidelines that you highlighted earlier today, and Iā€™m pleased to report my Mu-so is now playing happily :grinning:

Again many thanks.Yourself and this forum are a great help.

1 Like

I updated my Mu-so Qb 1st Gen this morning and, whilst it took longer than I was expecting, it is now running v2.0 firmware. However, it has left me with another issue in that every time I now select the Mu-so from the Naim [Android] app, it insists on taking me to the Tidal login screen (which it didnā€™t before). I donā€™t actually use Tidal. Does anybody know if thereā€™s a configuration option that will stop this from happening?
Ian

Hi @linq, are you using the latest app version for Android (2.22.1)?

1 Like

My commiserations to those of us struggling with this. I chose a great day to move to full fibre. Reset the QB as new; connected to new network; opened the app; started the update. Mightily relived to say it was done in 12 minutes and all is well.

If itā€™s any consolation, and it almost certainly isnā€™t, our upgraded broadband means the wireless bridge needs to be pulled out of the network; attached to a PC and reset just so I can listen to some music again. Not sure I can be bothered tonight, especially as Iā€™ve not yet booted up the PC to see if it connects okay by ethernet.

Good luck to everyone else. Hope you get sorted. Big big thanks to all on this thread. It was a vital read before undertaking the upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I recently upgraded the app to v2.22.0 and didnā€™t realise there had been a further update. I just installed v2.22.1 and I now see a ā€˜Donā€™t prompt me againā€™ checkbox displayed at the top of the Tidal screen. Checking that box has stopped the redirect to the Tidal screen. Thank you so much!
Ian

2 Likes

Hi David,
Thanks, I did the updates sequentially one at a time. Just very strange that of 3 units on the same network, 2 updated themselves flawlessly, but one got stuck twice and then came good.

All good on the Eastern front ! Must meet up for a catch upā€¦.

Best, Paul

Clare, the latest iOS app version is now 5.22.1 due Tidal and iPad fixes et al

Yes, we launched 5.22.1 (iOS) and 2.22.1 (Android App) yesterday, that is ideal to be on, but the firmware update for Mu-so (2.0.0) will also work fine on 5.22 or 2.22 Apps if the ā€˜.1ā€™ update has not yet popped up in App Store/Google Play Store

Hi, am I the only one who has ā€˜brickedā€™ their Mu-So with this update?

Incident raised but no response since the automated incident email yesterday

Steve

Looks like youā€™ve been really unlucky. Can you let me know your ticket number and iā€™ll chase up.

1 Like

Thanks Clare the ticket is 121807

1 Like

A different problem!
After reading the instructions and running the app 5.22 I proceeded with the firmware update. It downloaded, the blue lights around tthe ring were spinning and all seemed well.
Unfortunately tthe naim app on my phone was inadvertently turned off as I switched to a different app and the update crashed. I unplugged the mus-so for a bit, plugged it in and it spun for a few minutes and then seemed to be finished.
When I check for updates on the app it shows that the mu-so firmware has been updated to 2.0.0 and thus up to date
The problem is that although i can stream radio Tidal will not play.
In the meantime I have updated the Naim app to to 5.2.2.1 with no change
I have tried multiple power off/on cycles with no success.
Is the next step a reset of the mu so? Anytthing else I should do to get the update to complete successfully?

I would try a pinhole reset, yes. Also fully power down your phone/tablet and restart that.

Thank you for your rapid response! Does it matter which I do first

Try the phone/tablet first and see if that helps. If not, move to pinhole reset