Mu-so & Mu-so Qb 1st Gen - Firmware 2.0.0 update - problem

I did that rebooting the phone made no difference so I reset the pin hole. The purple light was flashing - when I returned some time later it now is not flashing- a solid purple light and the naim app does not find the mu-so at all. How long will the reset likely take?

Is it asking you to input Tidal login credentials ? Each of my Mu-Soā€™s did this, not sure whether it is supposed to happen or not. After re-inputting Tidal login details, all was good.

Paul

Thanks- no it didnt - but now after a couple of resets this morning all seems to be working!
Thanks to all for the assistance!
Peter

1 Like

Glad itā€™s working, Peter. Combination of patience and persistence usually does the trick if you donā€™t get an instant win :slight_smile:

Thanks Claire, but unfortunately I spoke too soon! The mu-so seems to have gone crazy!
I turned off the mu-so manually and came back several hours later and was able to connect to Tidal tthrough the Naim app without problems. However I then tried to switch to a preset radio station only to find that several of the presets had been changed to strange new stations that I had never visited. I tried to delete these presets but then the mu-so crashed and my Naim app no longer was no longer able to find the mu-so room!

I then turned off the mu-so manually- and the app found the room and was able to play my remaining presents- but Tidal no longer plays!
My patience is wearing a bit thin and tea is not working so well.

This sounds like one for the experts - please call or email our Support team
support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

While you wait for their response, iā€™d suggest unplugging the Mu-so from the mains. A nice nap might do it goodā€¦(I certainly need one after all these firmware updates!)

thanks I bet you do! After trying various commbinations of rebooting my phone and unplugging the mu-so it is now working as expected (minus three presets) but I am skeptical how long this will continue!
I have to go out now- do they work over the weekend or best to try Monday?
I must admit that stayin connected to a station has been a long standing problem with the Mu-so requitting multiple power reboots- even as my old Logitech touch continues on unninterupted in a different room.
Thanks for your support.
best,
Peter

I would try on Monday, as they donā€™t work weekends.

Please be sure to let them know all the things youā€™ve tried so far - and mention that you had issues before the update re station connectivity.

Hi Clare, in response to my incident Henry off the desk asked if he could send me the firmware to try applying through the web browser to which I said yes (10am). But nothing has come through and I gather your desk closed at 3pm - is there anyone else who could possibly send me the new or previous firmware as otherwise I will be without my primary source of music/radio until at least monday.
TIA Steve

Iā€™ve dropped Henry a line. Canā€™t promise anything, but iā€™ll keep chasing.

Thanks Clare you clearly did the trick as Henry has just sent it through

1 Like

Any advice Steve- mine is now a brick awaitting the return of Tech support on Monday
Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter, your previous post sounded like it was still working - whereas mine in just stuck in a loop that I canā€™t break it out of.
But the options given to me by support were applying the firmware file via a browser and then a variant of the pin reset which is a bit more heavy handed - neither of which worked for me.
I think I will ask for the previous firmware to try but otherwise I guess it will need to go back for Naim to open it upā€¦
Steve

A new issue I have noticed since updating, is as follows, with a Unitiserve>Mu-so Ist gen, hard wired

Problem: Tidal will not steam via the Naim app. The app reports that tracks are added but nothing happens.

Solution: Reboot the Mu-so and play a track via UPnP. This seems to ā€˜wake upā€™ the app and Tidal tracks start to stream.

Hi Richard. Are you running the latest version of the Naim App (iOS 5.22.1 or Android 2.22.1?)

And have you reset your phone/tablet? (Powered fully down before restarting.)

Hi Claire, yes to both.

An iPhone power-down often fixes problems (see other thread on Naim/Tidal app interaction) but not this time.

Have you tried a network (router, switches etcā€¦) reboot?

I actually have a similar type of problem. Tidal streaming starts to work only if another input is used first (like iRadio). Irritating problem ā€¦

I think this started after the app version 5.22.1 was installed.

1 Like

Not previously. Have just rebooted my router and will report back if the issue reoccurs.

My impression is that the issue predates 5.22.1

I noticed the same but since releaoding the app once again, a long sleep unplugged and bootinging the network things seem to be working today- fingers crossed!
Peter

1 Like