Music Chain

For double points:

Shadow of the moon, title track of the album by Blackmore’s Night

Cat Stevens Moonshadow

2 Likes

Hello, IB. If you enjoyed the Beethoven piano sonatas that you heard, try to find some some recordings by the magisterial Maurizio Pollini on DGG. He has recorded all 32, some more than once, and if you hunt around the various Amazon websites, you will find most, if not all, of these recordings. All are wonderful, but if you can find the late 1990s 3LP or 3CD box of the last five sonatas (including Pollini’s mighty traversal of the astonishing ‘Hammerklavier’), I assure you that you will be in musical paradise.

I was lucky enough to see Pollini perform in London a few times (the RFH was one of his favourite concert halls), and his command of the piano was awe-inspiring.

Thanks for the suggestion, Graham - I’ll give a try.

Lunar Sea from Moonmadness by Camel

Blame it on the Moon by The Cruel Sea

Pretty sure that’s double points :grin:

Bark at the moon - Ozzy Osbourne

Not something I’ve ever been tempted to buy, but I’m sure this is another link worth 2 points!

Cry Me A River (live) by the brilliant Joe Cocker from his Mad Dogs and Englishman.

When a blind man cries, one of Deep Purple’s delightful quieter songs, originally not on an album but relegated to the B-side of the single Never before, though recorded in the Machine head sessions.

Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary

Thanks for reminding me of this. Back in the early 1980s I used to listen to a pirate radio station in London called Phoenix Radio (a kind of indie/eclectic mix of music). It shared its FM frequency of 90.2 MHz with another pirate radio station playing heavy rock music called Alice’s Restaurant and they used the chorus of the song as their ‘theme tune’. I never really listened to their broadcasts much but did investigate and listen to the song out of curiosity!

Mary Monday - I Gave My Punk Jacket To Rickie

Cross-eyed Mary - Jethro Tull from the album Aqualung

The Wound That Never Heals from the album Wrong Eyed Jesus by Jim White

Exit wounds from the album Fields of crows by Fish

John Mellencamp Hurts So Good

From his American Fool album

Hurt by Magenta, from their album Home.
Youtube has only the full album: Hurt starts approx 2.5 minutes in:

Simply Red Come to My Aid

From their Picture Box album.

Lady in. Noooo can’t do that to you

So instead. Nena - 99 Red Balloons

I do like that song - and the german version, too, which seems to have particular significance in Germany. Note to self - check out Nena’s other music.

Cherry red by the Groundhogs, from their album Split. Great blues- rock - and a few years later I saw Tony McPhee ply his highly enjoyable music several times on the London pub cercuit,