Music On Special Offer

Thanks, took a chance on this and our national pastime on disc 1 is just hilarious (in a good way) Still at £3.49.

1 Like

The Qobuz summer sale has started - when you have the energy to go through a massive amount of material you might be surprised by some nice things…

1 Like

Oh dear Bert, just waded through the first few pages and looks like the same old stuff that we’ve seen for the past three years. I hope there are some gems in there somewhere.

Yes agreed, but there are some gems as well, one just needs to look for it…, a lot of effort I assume…

Yep Roc records in the USA providers of fine power pop (Robyn Hitchcock, Minus 5, Nick Lowe, Chuck Prophet, and others) have a sale just started $13.99 for vinyl editions including international shipping!

Chris

Thanks for posting this. I scored:

Charles Mingus “The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady” 24/96 £2.49
Jackie McLean “One Step Beyond” 24/96 £3.49
Grachan Moncur III “Evolution” 24/192 £3.49
Brahms “The Piano Concertos” Emile Gilels / Berlin Philharmonic 24/96 £2.49

I suppose I should be used to Qobuz’s idiosyncrasies by now, but it would be nice if everything in the sale was actually being sold for less than its normal price…

1 Like

I just bought 160 albums for an average price of 3.30 euros, crazy, but nice…

1 Like

Well I am glad you guys have found some bargains. I like the sound of the Grachan Moncur III (I have the other jazz ones) and I found a Zara McFarlane album If I Knew Her that looks good but other than that after an hour or so of trawlling I came up with nada, zilch, not a sausage.

That’ll take a while to work your way through those!

Yes still downloading as I don’t trust the downloader of Qobuz. Has failed me too often, so one by one…

Hi BertBird, interested to hear of your thoughts about the Qobuz downloader. I too have difficulties regularly and usually have to download each track individually. A bit painstaking - the Beethoven complete piano sonatas from Wilhelm Kempff I bought a few days ago consisted of 102 separate tracks! I don’t envy you downloading your 160 albums - good luck!

Yet another Qobuz problem, I just download with the TAR file option & extract. A bit more work, but more reliable. But Qobuz means extra work most times anyway.

I have several times used the TAR option, but invariably find the connection gets disconnected during the download. Not sure if it’s a problem with my internet, but I rarely have this problem when downloading elsewhere by other methods.

I just wish they’d have an ‘already purchased’ banner as I honestly sometimes can’t remember if I’ve purchased or just considered or streamed it!

1 Like

I think the tar downloads work far better than they used to, though with the big sale their servers may get more stressed than usual.

I used the Tar option also for my 160 albums, a lot of work but reliable. I am planning to buy the Maria Callas collection tomorrow, scared that the normal downloader will not work. As tar is also not an option only possible in that case by single downloads of over 1000 numbers…

I use favorite to make ore selections and buy from there.

1 Like

Not music, but I have an email from Spincare who have a sale this weekend on 50 pack LP liners, 1st hundred orders only.

I bought a Callas collection a while back - never finished downloading it - it would be nice if they had TARs for each work/‘disc’ in the collection. Never finished downloading it.

I’ve always used Favourites to ‘park’ albums I might buy one day or I Won;t buy if they’re not in HD and I already have the CD (for m.obile use in Qobuz app).