MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 Distribution Box

Check your wallet Gazza, has your wife removed your credit card?

Also put on some thermal underwear, bit chilly to come home without a shirt or trousers.

3 Likes

He he…I have had several similar telephone calls and text exchanges with my wife, although they usually involve me being in a shop full of lovely shiny guitars, amps, drum sets, keyboards etc!

I never understand why she has to ask, she must be able to hear the deafening din in the back ground.

These boxes must be very popular at the moment. Currently out of stock. :scream:

I should be on commission.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Hi all,

Right, have the G3 without the upgrade. Which I will book.

I moved house in July and i can’t find the piece of paper (instruction manual!) and i can’t remember the plug in order. If looking at the mains block (socket view) with mains in at 12 o’clock, With 1 o’clock being socket 1 and working round in a clock wise direction is this the direction of plug in order? I ask because if both sockets either side of the mains input maybe the primary sockets for connection?

Simple to try i know, just wondering on peoples thoughts/experiences?

@Dusty , here is the plug order recommendation that came with my G3. Although the photo looks like an earlier MusicWorks model, the plug order is the same.

I note some have not followed these recommendations, presumably through trying different plug orders.

Bless ya Nigel, ironically i have my 1 and 2 back to front! Story of my life!!!

No harm, i will swap them round. Great to read from you about the relatively cheap upgrade. Where will our madness end!!!

2 Likes

I assume the MusicWorks Reflex G3 is not available in the states or with States style plugs.Correct?

Only UK sockets.

Previously the recommended set up, was (if possible) to have several individual Unswitched power sockets on the wall - one socket for each individual hifi component (and a dedicated mains spur, split and with its own consumer unit)

Are we now saying that rather than having a bank of 6 seperate MK wall sockets, that the G3 power block is better? :smile:

It is obviously less expensive to have an electrician fit several dedicated wall sockets, than the G3.

How did you get on @Gazza? Was it fun? Are you still married?

Yes had a good time, will post something once installed…still married

2 Likes

I’ve got a sparky coming over on Saturday to sort out the fuse in the CU that the system runs off - its currently a 16 amp B type but he’s up rating to a 20 amp C to stop it tripping when turn the amps on. I’m thinking of getting some MK Unswitched sockets for him to replace the 3 sets of standard types that are there now. Will it be worth it?

1 Like

The theory behind the benefits of a dedicated radial is partly that it cuts down on the number of contacts (switches and discontinuities at ring main sockets) so the answer is to fit high quality unswitched sockets. The G3 Peeked advocates will say do the first of your sockets at least and put the money towards the mains block and another Powerline!

The full works dedicated radial involves having its own earthing from the supply earthing point to a separate CU. However, some believe that the benefits derive from the overall quality of the earth system including the noise on the PME if that is what you have. Your electrician’s advice is essential.

Phil

1 Like

For what it’s worth, our dedicated consumer unit has a 50amp type C breaker.

Insert “lack of “. I’m siting on fence because my system doesn’t seem to need fixing, and it would take a lot of listening to completely judge this block.

Phil

That is a good place to be, Phil.

Enjoy the music.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks Nigel. I have been looking for one of these for ages!

Best regards, BF

Absolutely. If only people would restrict their comments to those based upon personal experience, and even then not make pronouncements that assume everyone else’s experience would be identical, what a happier place this forum would be.

20amp type C is max the wiring will take according to the Sparky who’s coming Saturday. A different guy did the original house rewire and should’ve done the full dedicated mains thing at the time instead of just the separate circuit for the hifi.

At least this will cure the tripping of the breaker when I’m switching the system on. It’s been a pain in the backside for years!