MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 Distribution Box

Sorry don,t know…its certainly not a standard MK socket as its got a black square socket set in a grey housing?

it was night and day, in another league? :rofl::partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks Michael i much feel much better now for opening my wallet too, for a silly looking piece of plastic. Most people would lock us up and throw away the key😉
Good to see you and your wife and a bit of a catch up…til next time, take care.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Gazza,…Ok,.we have different designs of our contacts and socket between UK and Sweden.

But I ask,.because we have tested different contacts and socket in recent weeks with astonishing results.
And that we are building different models of powerstrips.

• But on your pics Gazza,.it looks like the sockets are sitting with plastic screws so as not to be magnetic.Do I see right about that.

/Peder🙂

Yes they are plastic, even the ones holding the top and bottom plates together via the feet…there is a “peek” washer under the screws for the top plate…very important, apparently. Peek is a polyether ethyl ketone and amongst its properties is vibration damping. The new base plate held up to the light is acrylic with thousands of flecks of “peek” embedded. Its expensive at £6000 for a small sheet of pure “peek”according to my dealer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on the G3 Peek base @Gazza and @MichaelF . I have just been seduced to pay £300 for a bit of plastic!

Must need my bumps felt!

2 Likes

Please explain what you mean FR. :joy:

Thanks @Gazza. I’m going to have to explore this upgrade for my G3.

you know what i mean Nigel…i was referring to another thread, hahaha

I wanted to have a demonstration of my old block against the one fitted with the new bottom plate. So I listened to an NDX2/Supernait 3 combo into some Russel K floor standers. My original block sounded good but I felt that the sound was a little shut in not flowing as freely as I would like… I put this down to the smaller system compared to my 500 system at home. We then swapped in the the upgraded block and it only took a few notes before Andy and I went wow… it has all opened up beautifully … all the usual things were happening… I would say as good as a black box upgrade or say going from Reflex Lite to Ultra G3. As Gazza says a no-brainer and my wallet fell open… a highly recommended upgrade for all Ultra G3 users. I did ask about whether it was better to have the block on the carpet as mine is or on a hard stone surface… Signals prefer carpet but other users have preferred a hard surface a case of try it and see what works best for you I guess.

1 Like

Interesting thread, thanks all.

I take it the G3 comes sans mains cable (to wall socket), what do you all use/recommend?

1 Like

I use a PowerLine from G3 to wall. Works well.

2 Likes

@NigelB

Never thought of that, thanks!

I’ll keep Powerline/ Powerline Lite in mind…
Ta :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought while you had your wallet open i should mention…They do isolation cones as well to put under your hifi made from “peek”. Let us know what they are like😉

Stop it Gazza, you are making my Reflex Lite sound broken :cry: and I now need a second distribution block anyway…

Yours without a trace of seriousness, BF

1 Like

I also use a Powerline and it works very well.

1 Like

You can cut that out Gazza, I’m already in trouble with the wife.

Alistaire did mention that they had tried the Discs? to go under black boxes, not sure if this is the same as the cones, but he was less impressed with these.

Have you tried the new Peek base at home yet? If so, what differences have you noticed?

1 Like

I presume you need to move your Fraim a little further forward from the back wall to accommodate the G3 if it needs to lay flat down on the ground? Also if you only use say 2 sockets for the source and pre, do you not use any of the other sockets?

The G3 in my system sits happily between two stacks of Fraim so does not need to go behind. I plug the 552PS, 555PS (Analogue), NAT05, Melco and 555PS (Digital) into the G3, fed from the left hand double socket on my dedicated spur by a Powerline and the 500PS into the other right hand socket on the spur. My Radikal is plugged into the house ring main. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Nigel I had a good listening session last evening and the new base does all the usual things when you upgrade more space, more natural sound and so on. If you go to Signals Andy will happily do an A/B comparison for you.

1 Like