My 2021 in HiFi

Got fed up with my previous setup (KEF Egg in near field) and did an impulse buy in Jan

• Naim Uniti Atom
  • ProAc Tablette 10 Signature

Couldn’t be happier. It’s made me rediscover many of my albums.

5 Likes

This year has been massive for me as I am now touching the cloth of the top table.

Project P2.9 Basic turntable > Rega RP8/Apheta 2
NAC 152Xs > NAC 282
NAP155XS > NAP 250DR
Nordost Blue Heaven > NACA5
Soundstyle Rack > Quadraspire

I am in a vey happy place now and probably (!) at the end of my hi-fi journey.

1 Like

2020 was my big change of system. This year just an olive Hicap for the 72/180.
Bought a house if that counts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Traded XS2 for a new SN3- Feb

Fraim lite off eBay- Jun

S/h Stageline K - Dec

50 or so records through the year

1 Like

Just listened to great music on an unchanged system.

5 Likes

NDS was replaced by ND555 in April.

A good deal on a used 555PS came us whilst I was auditioning new speakers a few weeks ago. Whilst not expecting much I was staggered by the improvement it brought to the ND555 so….

2nd 555PS on the ND555 in December.

New speakers….maybe next year !

January - new supernait 3
March -used hicap DR
that’s it!
oh forgot the rega rp1 around may time…and then the Innuos zen mini in june and ee8in july!!
brain fog on a monday

3 Likes

Apr - Kudos S20 out Kudos 505 in.

Bluesound Node 2i and a cisco switch. Deposit finally placed on Karousel which will get done in Jan, Covid allowing.

1 Like
  1. June - bought NAP 300 (non-DR) on a whim. It’s been very good
  2. May - bought an ex-demo Fraim stack from my local dealer
  3. August - got an option on a recently re-capped 252 and Supercap from my local dealer as a replacement for my SuperUniti. Blown away at how much better it was
  4. October - the annual “I’ll take that discount please” purchase from Witch Hat - Morgana DIN-XLR mono cables for the 300
  5. November - An opportunity to head a pre-loved 552 came up from my local dealer. I took it home, plugged it in, and didn’t want to give it back.

I think it’s fair to say that I’ll focus on the listening during 2022, and let my bank balance recover :wink:

2 Likes

Beethoven’s 5th symphony, the Nice’s Fifth Bridge, or Firth of fifth by Genesis?

1 Like

My year 2021 in hifi? Satisfaction, listening to music, no urge to change anything with the system or play about with tweaks - however a room restructure should have happened this year but structural engineers and builders and so booked up that we have yet to receive the necessary calculations and drawings from the former.

1 Like

Dont forget the 5th by Ekseption! Google it, its worth it.

Completed my office system by adding a second Hicap DR (Supernait 1, Hicap DR, Hicap DR, Snaxo BMR, Nap 200).

Got a Atom HE for the living room to add convenience (Atom HE + Nap 200)

1 Like

Hopefully @anon4489532 will enlighten us all by listing the changes he made during 2021 as shown in the images he posted below. I think there have been more since I posted this in the systems thread.

5 Likes

I though he’d peaked at the deliriously unbeatable 272? 2022 might be even busier with the 272.2 or whatever….

Thanks for the reminder! It looks worse than it actually is, because some of the pictures are from 2020. From memory:

Out:
Solidsteel speaker stands
Naim Fraim
Naim NAT05
Naim 555PSDR
Rega Planar 8

In:
Something Solid speaker stands- the last pair ever made
Isoblue Special Branch
Naim NAT02
Rega Planar 10
Rega Aria

Far fewer changes than a lot on here, and overall they generated a bit of cash.

No changes in 2021, eager to see what 2022 will bring regarding streaming pre-amps …

1 Like

After my splurge in 2020, a couple of considered impulse buys this year.

January: Clearaudio Smart Matrix Silent RCM

March: Townshend Podiums

For 2022, perhaps a change of speakers. I have a couple of options in mind. This was, however, before I decided we needed a new, composite front door, and to get the up and over garage doors replaced with insulated electric roller shutter doors. These will likely be the last speakers I buy, so I need to get it right…

It’s been a busy year. Mostly occupied by a house move. But managed to get a few HiFi things done, in anticipation of setting up rooms, for music, in the new home.

LP12 Upgrade
Upgraded my original 1986 Linn LP12, to current modern spec’, adding :

• Linn Kore
  • Linn Karousel
  • Linn Lingo4
  • Linn T-Kable
  • Linn Trampolin2
    Service and bearing change, with Audio Origami, for Linn Ittok
    Rebuild, with Goldring, for Linn Troika
    Upgrades and refurbishment work, undertaken by Basically Sound

Project Olive
Acquired a lovely Olive shoe box system, with intention of using between my LP12 and Epos ES14’s.

• Naim NAC72
  • Naim HiCap
  • Naim NAP140
  • Sent all three off to Class A for full service.
  • Managed to find additional Naim NA323 phono cards, for NAC72
  • Also made (engineered) several replica new NA326 straight through cards
  • Found and acquired several original owner manuals, for above Olive items.

House move
Moving home provided the opportunity to install dedicated mains power.
Once moved, we added the following

• 2x Naim PowerLine Lite, (for NAP140 and HiCap)
  • Wireworld Matrix2, (to extend dedicated power for all system components)
  • Naim SNAIC new interconnects, ( for NAC72 → HiCap → NAP140 )

For 2022
Next project is to get all our other bits of HiFi into use, for a CD based system.
We have another room, which will be fun to set up, when time allows.
Watch this space.

Best wishes for 2022 to everyone
Hope Santa brings lots of music for everyone at Christmas.

2 Likes