NAC 282 added to SN 2 .....for a home demo

Witch hat Morgana works for me

2 Likes

@seakayaker
Have you made up your mind?
(the last time we ā€œtalkedā€, I didnā€™t saw your thread, when I noticed you had a new toy)

Yesterday I got a visit of my cousin ( the hi-fi nerd who introduced me to this hobby)
And eventually remembered you and (specifically ) your D2r.

Heā€™s a ProAc fan. And we talked about the diferent tweeters, of diferent brands.

:+1:

Yes, the decision has been made and the 282 has been paid for and has found a permanent home.

ā€¦today I had the dealer drop off a used Headline 2 with NAPSC to replace the functionality of the SN2. I will demo for a week or two as time allow. The main functionality is for late night listening when my wife goes to bed and I would like to continue on with music.

The journey continuesā€¦

btw - your cousin has impeccable taste in speaker! Love them ProAcā€™sā€¦

12 Likes

Nice one, I was planning to check in. A really great outcome and lots of musical joy to come. Itā€™s a fun and crazy hobby in a nice way.

In other news, I did get those wheels on the kayak and went for a paddle the other day. Need to keep fit and not be obsessed with music all day.

2 Likes

That is fantastic! ā€¦a good paddle is great for the legs, core and upper body strength!

I invested in a Carbon Fiber paddle twenty-five years ago and it was a great investment. Just like a hi-fi investment it brought a lot more enjoyment to the experience, especially on long trips.

4 Likes

Subscribe. We all need to do this, for Mental and physical benefits :muscle:

1 Like

good: it means that the gain was expressive and justified the acquisition.

:heart_eyes::muscle:

, lonely auditions are our selfish moment (personal enjoyment). a time just for us. it is also needed.

:wink:

2 Likes

A turn of events when a used NAP 250 became available through my dealer and went ahead and traded my SN 2.

So replaced the SN 2 with a NAC 282/NAPSC, NAP 250 DR and a HeadLine 2/NAPSC.

The 250 DR was installed this evening by the dealer and after letting it warm up for a couple of hours I have listened to about a dozen or so random tracks and enjoying the sound. I look forward to running some albums through the system tomorrowā€¦ for now off to dreamland.

16 Likes

Great news, you must be delighted! Iā€™d be interested to read your feedback on the impact of swapping the SN2 power amp stage for the 250. Anyway, what a great result with being able to trade the SN2 against a used 250 - makes it very doable so much earlier than you probably planned?

3 Likes

Yes @Mike_S , seems @seakayaker its on fire latelyā€¦ :muscle::fire::sunglasses::wink:

Personally I am afraid of gaining such momentumā€¦ (:fire: :dollar:)

3 Likes

This thread is doing nothing for the long term future of my Nac 202. The inevitability of the upgrade when cash allows to a 282 becomes clearer and clearerā€¦ and then the Nap 200 making way for a 250 Aggghhhhhh!! :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not been overly enamoured of the 202/200 Iā€™ve heard a few times - perfectly good kit, not knocking, but it just never grabbed me emotionally which the 282 and 252 instantly did. I think youā€™ll love the 282/250!

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m sure. Itā€™s all been a gradual progression from a 152/120 and a Denon network player with a Arcam DAC, through a ND5 XS2, then swapping in the 202/200, and then the NDX2. Thereā€™s been a significant uplift with every upgrade. So, yes I get the point, and I also think the 202/200 is a great combination at its price point.

When I can afford the 282 Iā€™m sure it will be arriving! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Congratulations @seakayaker Iā€™m looking forward to hearing your results. One heck of a nice system you have.

3 Likes

After reading/hearing about your upgrades, Iā€™m afraid to visit our local Naim dealer as Iā€™d be too tempted.

5 Likes

Welcome to the 250 club, great amp looking forward to hearing your reviews.

3 Likes

Neil, there have been a number of folks who have written that the 282/200 combination works extremely well. A search shows 50+ results, so others have commented on the combinationā€¦

My plan was to use the 282 with my SN2 until at least the fall and spring for the 250 DR for my 70th Birthday. (Un)fortunately I looked at my dealers website and a recent 250 DR appeared in their used equipment section. Sent off an email with an inquiry regarding the 250 DR and asked what we could work out for a price with the trade-in of my SN 2. He responded the next day and the price was set at a point where resistance was fruitile and a few days later he dropped by installed the 250 DR and took the SN 2 with him.

Good luck with your decision to move forward or to stay where you are atā€¦ No need to rush.

8 Likes

ciao @seakayaker first of all happy birthday, 70th is a good achievement, music passion was your good friend for a long time, my congrats.
I remain waiting for your impression about the 250dr in your house

3 Likes

@seakayaker could you give me how do you feel the swap between sn2 and 250dr?

Thanks. Iā€™ll be interested to see how the 282/200 combo performs (When I decide to go for it!). Then it could be that power supplies provide more of an uptick in SQ than going up to the 250 DR? We shall have to wait and see.