Naca5

I like that Naim decided, since the customer was going to have to have speaker cables, they might as well be part of the overall design.

Probably, they figured most customers would need at least 3.5m of cable so designed the amp and speaker cable accordingly.

I think that’s a better solution than designing an amp to cope with a variety of speaker cables, with the inevitable compromises this must entail.

2 Likes

Except even they sell two different speaker cables with very different specs. 3.5 min. will result in different values for either. And supposedly 7-10 sounds best, not 3.5 at least in the case of NAC A5. So it’s certainly not exact, there’s a range, and many different cables could meet those requirements. If they were known of course.

This will be interesting the next two weeks or so. Just hooked up the NACA5. :blush:

They are brand new out of the box so they’ll need time before any serious auditioning.

1 Like

Hi, are you able to tell me the width of the NACA5 ?

I need to see if it will fit in my existing trunking.

Very grateful

Just measured 15mm.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks both.

1 Like

I asked Google, because I was to lazy to pop downstairs to measure my own cable, and lo and behold found a post on this site! Funny how internet search is often better at finding posts on the forum than the forum’s own search.

1 Like

NAC A4 is the same physical size… :slightly_smiling_face:

I measured mine…

2 Likes

I’ve never measured mine!

2 Likes

You should… :crazy_face:

I think most of us do so at around 14 or 15 years old, then just pretend to ourselves that it’s huge anyway!

Regards.

Graham

Mine are 8 metres…

And then use it as a yardstick?

We are Metric here… Metre-Stick…?

3:5 mtr… never shorter.

In the past, I’ve always consider speaker cables a separate part. With Naim, I consider the speaker cable as an integral extension of a Nait or Nap. Thus I have a Naca5 (coz I can’t afford a Super Lumina :laughing:).

2 Likes

I was brought up to believe that talking about size was not the done thing.

Graham

1 Like

:flushed:

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes