Naca5

Just measured 15mm.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks both.

1 Like

I asked Google, because I was to lazy to pop downstairs to measure my own cable, and lo and behold found a post on this site! Funny how internet search is often better at finding posts on the forum than the forum’s own search.

1 Like

NAC A4 is the same physical size… :slightly_smiling_face:

I measured mine…

2 Likes

I’ve never measured mine!

2 Likes

You should… :crazy_face:

I think most of us do so at around 14 or 15 years old, then just pretend to ourselves that it’s huge anyway!

Regards.

Graham

Mine are 8 metres…

And then use it as a yardstick?

We are Metric here… Metre-Stick…?

3:5 mtr… never shorter.

In the past, I’ve always consider speaker cables a separate part. With Naim, I consider the speaker cable as an integral extension of a Nait or Nap. Thus I have a Naca5 (coz I can’t afford a Super Lumina :laughing:).

2 Likes

I was brought up to believe that talking about size was not the done thing.

Graham

1 Like

:flushed:

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Update:

The NACA5 is now playing 4 days (24/7) and I must admit, it’s much better than I expected.

The sound opened up considerably (compared to just out of the box) and there are a few things I really like already. The famed PRaT/foot-tapping factor is absolutely there. Bass line timing, percussive attack and overall grip - as Martin Collums put it - are indeed really good. Very nice!

As it’s settling in, it still sounds veiled and thin(ish) in the midrange and a bit coarse in the treble compared to the Cardas. There’s also something ‘dry’ and tight about the sound. Stage, imaging, ‘breathing’ & flow of the music are not close to the Cardas.

I’m very curious how it will loosen up and develop further in the coming week or two. Judging by the first few days, it sounds promising. The NACA5’s trump card, PRaT, is addictive for sure.

2 Likes

Well…I never… :astonished: :smiley: :grin:

2 Likes

Ha ha… Not exactly ‘news’ for many here, I know. But it is for me. It has been almost 20 years since I last had & heard it. In a different system etc… :relaxed:

I am still on NAC-A4 here… Having bought probably longer lengths than needed, back in the 80’s, they have always been ‘long enough’ for any system layout I have had - and I have not found any reason to change. More flexible than A5… :smiley:

1 Like