Naim app update for iOS

When you tap on a track, instead of just playing it, you get a little dropdown list of play options.
Stay connected chews your battery a bit faster for no discernible benefit that I could find.

Thanks…not seeing anything.

G

Forgot to mention that one: “rooms” selection screen is skipped whenever only one device is controlled :grinning:

It took me a few goes, not sure why, but it’s hit and miss whether the update button shows in the App Store.

1 Like

But I updated from Richard’s link…Swipe left and no ‘widget’

Hmmm

G

Do you see other widgets? There’s an edit button that allows you to enable/disable them.

Swipe from left to right, not swipe left

Sorted! Thanks gents. Needed to enable it.

G

Nice, both great improvements, especially the first one. Interesting that they don’t advertise any of that in the release notes.

What’s the customisable volume control exactly?

You can choose between +/- buttons or the slider

1 Like

That’s what I thought it would be, but I can’t find it. Not on the NDX2 at least.

Edit: The options on the Nova, but not the NDX2 - probably because the SN2 system automation doesn’t use the slider?

For me it’s in ‘Settings’ -> ‘Other settings’ -> ‘Volume control’
Then you get the choice between ‘Slider’ & ‘On screen buttons’

Both on Qb and Star.

1 Like

Anyway, now that we’re all getting there I think it’s great that Naim are improving the UI of the App and software.

1 Like

The widget is so convenient, thank you Naim, it’s a real pleasure to use it with my atom

1 Like

I like the ± volume buttons. It gives more control to set the volume exactly. The only thing that is missing is displaying the current volume value with the buttons. You still need to check the device‘s display.

The irony of all this is that even the most basic improvement is hailed as a major progress, as seen from the reactions on this thread. IMO it says a lot about the general quality of the app, which is still a work in progress.

But, at least, Naim didn’t give up on it, which is all positive.

1 Like

Agree. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement either, if they can show a slider they must already know the level.

No Android update available on any of my devices. Still on 2.14.2 from October and that is all that is listed in PlayStore. No doubt it will show up in due course.

On my android 9 smartphone it has shown up yesterday. So you should see it soon I think.