Naim Approved Service Agents

I think thats a clear Yes for MusicLine in Germany… :grin:

Checking in on the 1 week anniversary of this. Any response from the Export manager?

Nothing specific, though there has been a wider discussion re producing an updated global list of service partners in January. I will keep on it…

3 Likes

Even if Focal’s Japan distributor, Luxman, can’t service Naim, it would be great if they could facilitate shipments of gear back to the mothership. I have 8 Naim boxes turning 9 years old soon and the recap/servicing logistics are giving me heartburn just pondering it.

If they are black (classic) boxes then the service interval is not looming as much as you may have thought.

I’m guessing around 2025. The trick is to get things recapped before they sound noticeably off.

Plus I have 2 dead OLED screens.

I’ve certainly sent Naim stuff back to the UK myself before. But it was a major hassle of paperwork and expense. When you do it alone, you don’t get economies of scale.

2 Likes

Query here in Aus and NZ

The ex naim distributor had in house experience built up over many years ( being a naim retailer over many years also) to service all equipment including major repairs. Yes, all in the past.

The question is, does the newly appointed distributor have the same level of in house experience to service equipment? Surely it takes years to develop this expertise ? What happens if something major goes wrong ? Back to Salisbury HQ ?

From the website there is a list of service agents ( is the list current?) but what is the “depth” of what they can repair

Having said the above, I must say in 40 years I have never had an issue (apart from a NAP 160 in 1980 which just ceased to play, stumped everyone but got sorted quickly). The reliability of naim equipment is second to none.

Just a few general queries above

3 Likes

I know nothing about electronics or circuitry. Is there something blindingly obviously wrong with the 250 in the photo?

To me, the Black Caps (top right)don’t look right. Smaller than usual…?

1 Like

The really obvious misdemeanor is the main reservoir caps are too small and have been packed out with foam. See top right.

1 Like

Don’t forget those blue caps. They don’t look what Naim would use.

1 Like

Nope. And old tants too :confused:

I find it hard to believe that in France it would be impossible for Focal to have atleast one person in Saint Etienne who could do basic service work on Naim equipment. Doesn’t Naim train technicians?

My BRAND NEW SN3, precisely 10 days old, has an embarrassingly huge channel IMBALANCE problem due to the “magical, best-sounding” ALPS Blue Velvet balance pot being incredibly skewed to the right. So, I have contacted my dealer here in Paris obviously and explained that if a repair/replacement for a known anomaly that Naim refuses to address would require 6 months of repair time for a 10 day old unit, then I would be extremely unhappy.

Sending units for repair to Salisbury, post-Brexit, is such a massive, time-consuming, paperwork-heavy and inefficient endeavor you’d think Naim would look for alternative means to reduce customer waiting times for repair.
Especially in France chez Focal…

6 Likes

Can’t you ask for a replacement? If a 10 days component is faulty, I would find it logical to have a new SN3 as replacement.

4 Likes

Hi Frenchrooster,
I’m in France just like you. Have you ever even heard of a French retailer doing that? Of course not. France is not England. No home demos, no loaner units, no installations, very little customer care and certainly not any standard exchanges due to faulty units. I will definitely not rearrange my interior and change my listening position hard left because the new SN3 is incapable of maintaining a stable centered image even when balance knob is oriented 15-20° left. Very unhappy with the perspective of a 6 month repair. Brgds.

2 Likes

Quite understandable. Perhaps the Powers on here can assist you, in some way…?

@Richard.Dane @Naim.Marketing

1 Like

This does seem very odd if a brand new item is displaying a fault right out of the box that requires repair. @Magnolia, I’ll message you so perhaps you can fill me in with the precise details and what was discussed between you and the dealer so I can ask someone to look into it for you?

7 Likes

@Richard.Dane I have also opened a ticket with Naim UK but as you know there is a holiday period until January 4th.

1 Like

Sorry to learn that. I am a bit naïve perhaps.
I hardly think it’s the overall situation here in France.
@Naim.Marketing will clarify certainly. I had never had that situation.

2 Likes

The support team are working via email over the holiday period. As @Richard.Dane suggests, if you could answer his private message with more details, I can ensure you’re looped in with the right people.

I understand your frustration, but worry you’re being unduly negative. There are always solutions, and we’re here to help.

5 Likes