Naim Approved Service Agents

Good responses here - by @Richard.Dane and @Naim.Marketing

Thats more Naim like it… :slightly_smiling_face:

The power of the Supernaiture :grin:
More seriously you are in good hand Magnolia.

You’ve obviously been lucky with your dealer - I’ve had a totally different experience.
I even sent an email to Focal some years ago to complain about my local dealer, and never got a reply (and the same email to Naim HQ, but they were’nt interested - which I quite understand, as the dealer network is Focal’s business, not Naim’s).
That particular dealer is one of the biggest in France, and sells lots of Naim stuff - it’s clear that Focal doesn’t want to lose them.

1 Like

I haven’t encountered that kind of problem, so can’t say how my dealer would react. But here we are talking about a 10 days faulty component.
Let see how it will sort out for the OP.

Andy at Hi Fi Repair Services on the Gold Coast is acknowledged as a Naim service provider.

Russ

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing Any update on that service options for Japan query yet? If the answer is “no” that’s okay too (if undesirable). Not knowing is the major issue. My dealer in the UK is retiring so I’m likely to be in a spot if I cannot get stuff done here and no dealer back in the UK knows me from Adam.

1 Like

I’ll chase again now everyone’s back from holiday. We’ve recently had a switch around in the Export team, with a new guy in charge of Asia - i’ve just dropped him a mail.

4 Likes

I just wanted to chime in to say Naim North America does servicing - I’ve had a 160 and 32.5 serviced by them and the results have been terrific. Quick turnaround. I do it through the Seattle dealer which is greatly enthusiastic about vintage Naim gear - they regularly send a group of gear for service for resale and for customers…

3 Likes

OK, i’ve had confirmation that (unsurprisingly due to lack of distribution there) we don’t have a service centre in Japan. But there are regional options… Which products do you have?

2 Likes

Hi Claire,

I have an NDX, XPSdr, 282, SCdr, HCdr, 250dr, UQ2 all circa 2013. I guess they last to 2025ish before the big recap service. But the UQ2 and NDX need new screens already.

My UK dealer, semi retired still handles RMAs for now but who knows what the situation will be in a few years. Plus the shipping is a killer.

2 Likes

Understood. Leave it with me and i’ll do some digging and get back to you.

3 Likes

Quick follow-up: which voltage products are you using?

All 115v products.

Thanks in advance. My expectations are duly managed. I know there might not be a magic answer.

4 Likes

Maybe Russia , if not Japan ?

The mains in Russia is 220V, so likely not suitable.

2 Likes

Let`s not jump to any conclusions here and let Claire have some time to work on this internally.

2 Likes

@feeling_zen. Would you be as kind to perhaps ask @Richard.Dane for my details please and keep me in the loop on this. The raises in shipping rates is now making the thought of servicing unfeasible.

1 Like

I certainly can though I suspect Claire is going to share her findings right here for all to read. If not, I’ll contact you as requested.

2 Likes

Yep, as soon as I get any more info, I will share here @TokyoNick

1 Like

I’ve asked these same questions and I know others have too, but I’ve not seen a complete response to them. I don’t understand why not, either.

There are some service agents listed but there is no information about what services they provide and what experience or training they have with Naim kit? The perception I have formed is that they are a couple of blokes who repair old hi-fi stuff. Probably very good at it but would they, for example, do a screen replacement, recapping, DR, etc? Can I trust them with my precious and expensive boxes!

It’s exasperating and I can’t help but feel NZ has been dumped as a market, or at least taken a significant step backwards. I’d love for this to be wrong.

Ideally, the new NZ agent would introduce themselves to existing customers, send out some information about the services they offer, etc. Invite us to the store! This forum is as good a place as any to provide an introduction. Otherwise Naim has just become another entry on the new agent’s very long list of hi-fi brands.

4 Likes