Naim Chrome Bumper

JimDog the pic behind the chair is John Coltrane. Also have a Dylan off to the other side out of the photo.

1 Like

Stone cold gorgeous room/system.

2 Likes

Thanks IDAK, I’m just happy to finally have a room again for my hobby.

1 Like

Tell me, are the nait1 and Marantz receiver able to be hooked up for music where they are currently positioned, or do you move them to the current nait2 position?

They’re not being used right now. The Nait really could use a recap and I just have no use for the Marantz in my place so it’s basically a decoration for the time being.

2 Likes

Back from Salisbury, with the ‘Signal’ and ‘Stereo’ indicators working, finally… living so close to the Wenvoe transmitter, I don’t need a super-duper aerial to get decent reception. Seriously, I never thought that I would ever own one of these: I’ve been so lucky with this all coming together the way it has, given the state it was in when I first received it… :heart:

28 Likes

Congrats Tim - Glad your dream has come true!!

They look fab for starters.

2 Likes

I now have cb envy.

Stunning set up. Congrats.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, guys :+1:

Yes - this nait 2 is really nice. I found one this spring nearby and totally mint condition. Now nait 50 is at its place. But will never sell it!

17 Likes

26 Likes

Lovely, a unique look for a Naim product, half way between CB and Olive, and unlike anything else Naim ever produced.

I have a late model Olive NAIT2 (with CD rather than Aux on the selector) and a brand new NAIT50, but I would buy one of those, if I ever had the chance.

1 Like

Arr, you got one Darran. How do you like the sound?

1 Like

A question with reference to Gary’s post a fairly long time back - is there any consensus that a CB Nait 1 or (in my case) Nait 2 would have enough about it to drive a pair of Kudos titan 606 speakers? I recently had my Nait 2 serviced, then I puurchased a decent but non Naim cd player and was wondering if 606’s would make for a great sounding second set up. Comments most welcome.

Peter

I regularly use a Nait 1 or Nait 2, and very recently, a Nait 50 to drive the Kudos 606. I think the combination works well, provided that you have appropriate expectation.

Putting things in context, the 606s still sound better through my 282/250/HC, but the music is still very enjoyable with the smaller Naits.

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback elevensheep. Re expectations, I appreciate that the little Nait has limited firepower and will run out of puff if loud music is your preference. I have much more in mind lowish volume levels and was curious if the 606’s would be too power sucking to achieve a good quality / balanced and engaging sound. Your comments suggest may well be worth pursuing. I have no intention of swapping out the Nait for something more powerful in the future.

Peter

1 Like

I find the 606s are relatively easy to drive, and even at low listening levels work well with the Naits

1 Like

Sums it up nicely.

The 606s are very capable speakers, but can still work very well with the little NAITs. My 606s work well with my NAIT 1 and it’s fun to get the little amp out for a play and find it’s not phased driving the Titans.

It’s not a setup I’d choose long term, but it’s surprisingly effective and enjoyable.

One to try and see what you think of the combo before committing to the 606s.

3 Likes

Battle of the Naits.

Sure they sound different, but still not quite sure which sounds better.

15 Likes

In search of an upgrade of my Nait 5si / CD 5si combo I couldn’t resist buying a cheap Nait 2 I found on Dutch Marketplace. Although it never was serviced it blows my Nait 5si away. I think I found my upgrade.

The selector-knob is missing. Are these still available?

5 Likes