Naim Chrome Bumper

What do folks think a superb condition 32.5/110 are worth these days? I have a potential buyer so it’s a private sale. NAC 32.5 serviced by Class A 7-8 years ago. NAP 110 was bought from Darran freshly serviced nearly a year ago for £400. No original boxes, but would include original power cord, 4-pin interconnect, and 5-pin plug. Also includes serviced 323 MC cards. It’s the best of three 110s and three 32.5’s I’ve compared them to but I suppose that’s just my word and doesn’t mean much.

I was thinking £800 but I keep reading prices are on the up so perhaps the value should be a bit higher?

Also, what would you guys think is reasonable to pay for 5m of dealer terminated Linn K20 or NAC A4 in excellent condition?

Check on eBay for sold items. This gives a reasonable guide as to what things are worth.

1 Like

Good advice, for so many things. But requires… a bit of effort.

Thanks both - I find you need to be watching these things for a few months to really get a good feel for pricing and seeing what items are actually sell for. Plus the condition is rarely as good as these. I just thought that perhaps some members were already following current prices.

As an example, there’s an unserviced 110 on fleabay in reasonable condition and they want £450 but doesn’t mean it’s worth that much.

There are ways to ‘read’ the information on eBay for Sold items that can give you a very good idea. Watching some Items can help, too. Or even looking at the pre-loved prices at certain Dealers…!!

A few years back (in 2009), I paid around £300 each for a 72 and a 140.

1 Like

You just need to do a filter on ‘sold’ items, this then excludes opportunists.

Good photos help determine condition, eBay offer a ‘supersize’ pictures option which allows buyers to clearly see the actual condition.
I’ve always done this and nobody has been disappointed.

2 Likes

With a good set of pictures and a good story, you can sell most things on ebay.
The ones that give a poor description are always best avoided; dont think you know something the others dont.
I like to give some history, talk about all the stuff that the item comes with etc. Whet the appetites and the item will sell itself.
The ammount of musical fidelity X and XA series items i have sold for good ( often more than when new) is staggering.

2 Likes

800 seems about right. 110 not so popular as the 140. 32.5 popular but as you point out, no original boxes which seem to matter to some buyers.

1 Like

I Think it will also be a good place here to tell how much this little pone made my day…

18 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Answering to myself … :smile:

Had some time listening in a suboptimal setting (LS on table far from wall).
nait2 + my old CDX (no recapping - but really necessary) + n-SAT (on glass table)

Bass is missing, BUT… there it is - the Nait sound. There is something special.
My nain system (ND5XS2/NDAC/XPS/52/SC/135/SBL/Full Fraimed) has more of everything, but the small box is so capable.
With a modern streamer in front and Allae for example (or n-SATs on n-Stands back to a wall) I think this little fellow will shine!

Tested more… Muso 2 against nait2/CDX/nSats… guess what… never thought it!

7 Likes

Thinking about putting Muso on hold and installing CDX Nait 2 with n-sat as seen in the picture :slight_smile:
(switching Muso with amp and CD)

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: Did it… Back to the roots.

Edit: 2023-03-30
Wow - the Nait is running for 5 days now … ands I can’t stop loving. It is not overly detailed but so much involving. price/soundwise it is one of the best deals ever :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Having an evening of nostalgia here too

15 Likes

Hi
Love the nait 2.
The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the imbalance in the volume at low volumes.
Read here somewhere, that it can be fixed in Service.
Is this correct?
If so - a good service will be very nice for my new little box.

Is there a possibility to change the internal setup - resistors? - on one input, so that it is more capaple of playing CD.
Or is there an affordable streamer where you can change the output voltage?

I’m not aware of any streamers with variable output, apart from the current Naim models such as the ND5XS2 which have it as an option, but it’s disabled by default as it is likely to degrade sound quality.
There are, though, a number of DACs with variable output, which I found to be very useful as a way of attenuating the signal to a level better suited to a Naim amp. The Chord DACs I’m familiar with which can do this include the Hugo, TT and Dave, which all have variable output, and the Qutest which has 1, 2 or 3V switchable output. No doubt there are other brands which offer this option too.

2 Likes

Found the qutest in the net.
But How should i feed it?
Need a streamer as well I think, or can I use my MacBook connected via lan/or Wlan to the qutest.
Sorry - no idea. New to this and wrong thread also… SORRY.

You could use a Mac with a USB cable.
All Naim streamers have a digital output which many of us like to use into a separate DAC. Chord make add-on streaming modules for their Hugo and Mojo DACs, although I have no experience of these.
Another option could be an Innuos Zen Mini, which is a very versatile music storage/server.

One option could be taking the hdx instead of cdx. Therefore I need to manage a long Ethernet cable 10m to the router. And I will get a free space in main system.
But:

• main system has 2x 10m Ethernet instead of now 3m to switch and 2m back. Sound impact?
  • hdx tend to get very warm - I am not sure if I like the little nait on top.

???

The Chord Hugo 2/2Go combo or Mojo 2/Poly would give you the chance to adjust the output signal by a lot before it reaches the Nait 2.

2 Likes