Naim Chrome Bumper

Bluesound Node allows you to set output volume if desired. I use mine in this manner with my NAC72.

2 Likes

I’m currently using a humble Bluesound Node, and have tried setting the output signal to fixed/100% but to me it’s simply not usable. (this also counts for other streamers I used in the past, (Sonos Connect, SBT) If I set the output signal to fixed/100% I can barely use the volume knob on my amp. (hardly beyond 7 o’clock, and at/beyond 8 o’clock I’d already risk a grumpy neighbour at my door, sooner or later.

So, I just set the output signal of the Bluesound (or Sonos Connect/SBT in the past) to variable, and use the volume slider in the BS app. Works great for me and haven’t been able to detect any sonic difference. (win-win) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bluenote sounds fine to me - too bad, that it does not have Quobuz :frowning:

Bluenote? or Bluesound Node?

The Node does have Qobuz.

??? Thought it was not implemented? Bluesound Node - sorry

Or audiolab 6000 :slight_smile: Should have volume control as well :slight_smile:

Sorry - still wrong thread …
Will a long Ethernet cable be a problem when using the HDX as server for main system - and as streamer/player for the Nait

My node has qobuz.

1 Like

I wish all my CB stuff had illuminated logos like the NAIT 2: that would be dope…

1 Like

Yess - this is a really nice design! Best from naim so far … oops. No offense to olive and black and…

1 Like

I use Astonish Tile and Glass Cleaner to clean my Naim black boxes - I have done so for twenty/thirty years, since I read that this is what’s used at the Naim Factory.

Astonish is a cleaning products company, based somewhere in the North of England. They supply products by mail order. Have a look online.

1 Like

@graham55

Do you spray on a cloth and wipe down your equipment?

Spray the aerosol fluid onto the black boxes, then wipe clean with a j-cloth or similar.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply…

I was finally able to bring my Chrome and Kans into the new “office”, using the Ifi as the receiver from my Mac/iPad/phone. Practicality over quality, but still sounds better than the external speakers linked to the laptop.

19 Likes

You have some lovely ‘chrome bumper’ shoebox components there. I assume that one is an NAC42 control amp, but what are the other two?

Maybe an NAC 32/NAP 110/SNAPS?

It’s a 32/140/Snaps (all serviced last year) plus Kans Mk1, thanks

1 Like

Very stylish. Minimalism counts.

How does KAN MK1 sound with e.g. Nait 2. There is a good one (Kan MK1) on offer currently.
Read about, that it sounds best with TT as source.
Did anyone compare it to N-Sat?