Naim Chrome Bumper

I can’t believe that I missed the obvious ‘Ooh err, missuss’ on my above post…

I had a HiCap collecting dust…

… but with a small upgrade…

… Ta da ! A chrome bumpered Supernait 2 !

And it sounds glorious.

7 Likes

Yes, I removed it. No unapproved commercial links in the Hifi Corner Please. Thanks.

Needs a green LED!!!

Ah, interesting… the ‘DR’ sticker on the back…?

That was my thought too. It’s a 1985 HiCap, just before the changeover to green LEDs. It’s not that visible from the listening position though :slight_smile:

Yup, the Canadian Naim distributor had one DR kit left. The updated HiCap works a treat on the SN2 ; magical !

I have had an Olive (late model) Nait 2 sitting unused in my bedroom for over 10 years, intended to be at the heart of a bedroom system. Now I have been tempted into ordering a Nait 50, so the Nait 2 will be superfluous.

Oh well, someone will benefit…

2 Likes

32.5 / CB Hi cap / nap 160 back in the rack after 252 / SC / 250dr developed a problem, loud whooshing and cracking sound on the left channel. going to cymbiosis on Monday.

1 Like

And the bonus is you get an upgrade at the same time! :upside_down_face:

You must have been expecting that one posting in this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, my once very shabby NAT 01 / NAPST has (almost) been restored to its former glory:

17 Likes

I picked these up this morning from Audio T in Cardiff, and they’re already on their way back to Salisbury, because someone forgot to connect the wires to the ‘Signal’ and ‘Stereo’ indicators…

:anguished::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That was not very clever of Naim. I have just got my NAT-01 back from Salisbury, but I haven’t yet plugged it back into the system, so I hope that your mistake was a one-off!.

Why was the bulb colour changed?

That seems to be a very old model indeed, from the days when Naim intended to bring out a matching AM tuner.

1 Like

Green LEDs are…more Naim :slight_smile:

One of my old HiCaps was a red LED version.

1 Like

Did Naim manage to rectify the ‘gold’ patination, or has a new faceplate been fitted?

1 Like

Have two CB Naits in the collection. The 2 is still being used with a Rega RP6 and Falcon Q7 speaker, while the 1 is waiting for an eventual recap.

35 Likes

Excellent! Best system pic on the whole forum IMO.

4 Likes

Goodness, you have one of those ‘transition’ backlit models between the Nait 1 and Nait 2. I don’t know if they have a special designation, but there don’t seem to be many of them…

And an Eames chair to boot!

1 Like

Graham – No, I called Darran to ask if he could repurpose one of his NAP 250 fascias to replace the golded one, which he wasn’t too happy about. So, he said: “let me just have a look…” and, after much shuffling, he announced "Got one! Still in its wrapper, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the last one on Earth.”, so very lucky, there… also, I was lucky enough to source TWO replacement VFDs in the same week: Naim ran out of them in 1990…